Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For Laser Sight For My Colt LE6920 mps-b?

Feedback Score

Looking For Laser Sight For My Colt LE6920 mps-b?

Hi, Im a firm believer that a laser can be quite effective in certain circumstances and conditions. I have a Colt LE6920 mps-b with mlok hand rail. I want to add a reliable green laser without adding alot of weight. Anyone here have a laser on their rifle. I was looking at the Viridian 5xl but I wanna be sure In getting a top notch laser sight. Thanks

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Hi, Im a firm believer that a laser can be quite effective in certain circumstances and conditions. I have a Colt LE6920 mps-b with mlok hand rail. I want to add a reliable green laser without adding alot of weight. Anyone here have a laser on their rifle. I was looking at the Viridian 5xl but I wanna be sure In getting a top notch laser sight. Thanks
    What circumstances and conditions? I played around with a Viridian on my Glock years ago and found what everyone says to be the case, 99% of the time its more of a distraction than anything.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What circumstances and conditions? I played around with a Viridian on my Glock years ago and found what everyone says to be the case, 99% of the time its more of a distraction than anything.
    I know what you mean. The laser when switched on moves around a lot. I think if one is calm and steadys the rifle a green laser can be a good tool. I may be over emphasizing it but for home defense I want every advantage I can get.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    I know what you mean. The laser when switched on moves around a lot. I think if one is calm and steadys the rifle a green laser can be a good tool. I may be over emphasizing it but for home defense I want every advantage I can get.
    If you're about to shoot someone breaking into your house, how steady do you think it'll be? Unless you are physically limited and not able to use a normal optic, that laser will probably be more of a disadvantage. There's a reason nobody uses lasers unless under NODs.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    If you're about to shoot someone breaking into your house, how steady do you think it'll be? Unless you are physically limited and not able to use a normal optic, that laser will probably be more of a disadvantage. There's a reason nobody uses lasers unless under NODs.
    I am physically limited but I sleep with my AR15 by my bedside. I feel a light gives away ones position while a laser less so. So if I can't see the bad guy breaking in how would my Holoson 503C benefit me with no lighting. I guess the amount of light or lack of light plays a crucial part in being accurate.Was wondering what Nod's mean!
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 10-07-17 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    NODs = night vision. Are you saying that you're considering the laser as an illumination tool? A light will give away the shooter's position, which is why there are various techniques to employing one, but it is typically essential for PID of what you're about to shoot. If you don't have a light on your gun already, drop the laser nonsense and get a light. There are tons of threads here on several different good lights.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    NODs = night vision. Are you saying that you're considering the laser as an illumination tool? A light will give away the shooter's position, which is why there are various techniques to employing one, but it is typically essential for PID of what you're about to shoot. If you don't have a light on your gun already, drop the laser nonsense and get a light. There are tons of threads here on several different good lights.
    No I didn't intend for the laser to be used as a light. Now night vision optics does interest me but I only have a Holosun 503C. I understand with a light I will be able to illuminate the target. But without a light night vision is something that I may get into in the future. For now the Holosun 503C is staying on though.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 10-07-17 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    From looking at your other posts, it seems you may be a relatively new shooter. Before you get more caught up in whether the Federal or Speer round is better and which laser to buy, keep the following in mind:

1. See and positively identify your target.
    2. Hit your target.
    2a. Hit your target in the most
    effective place.
    2b. Hit your target several
    times, very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    From looking at your other posts, it seems you may be a relatively new shooter. Before you get more caught up in whether the Federal or Speer round is better and which laser to buy, keep the following in mind:

1. See and positively identify your target.
    2. Hit your target.
    2a. Hit your target in the most
    effective place.
    2b. Hit your target several
    times, very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm new to the AR15 and I know accuracy us king. I buying more 30 round nags for political purposes but I load about half of them. I want to get about a thousabdcriunds of quality ammo and the n will be getting training ammo. The AR15 should be no problem for me because I've had an AK74 for over 10 years. Both have little recoil.

Feedback Score
    Long story short, there are no recommended visible-only long-gun-oriented lasers. Most of the visible-only lasers are oriented toward handgun use, such as the aforementioned Viridian (which itself has mixed reviews even on handguns; some people seem to not have issues with them, others do); the few long gun specific ones tend to be old and fairly expensive (Steiner OTAL-A) or else of an unknown quantity and are often simply modified handgun lasers (LaserMax Uni Max, CrimsonTrace LNQ100, CrimsonTrace CMR 206, etc.) assuming we weed out the ones that are absolute shit. There are plenty of laser systems out there that have visible, IR, and an IR illuminator, but that adds significant cost, bulk, and weight.

I'm a big believer in visible lasers for handguns. For long guns, eh, I think the three points of contact makes it far less useful; as Wake27 noted, the primary use of lasers on long guns these days is for NODs; visible lasers on long guns do have viable applications, but they are much more niche, such as use with pro masks, team environment, unorthodox shooting positions, or use as back-up sights. Given a handgun has only 1 point of contact, shooting on the move is more difficult, and you're also far easier to wind up in unorthodox shooting positions, but for home defense with a long gun, I think the laser isn't really all that much of a force multiplier if you already have a red dot on your long gun.

The lack of a good long gun visible-only laser, coupled with far less utility if you already have a red dot, is why all my handguns have visible lasers, but none of my long guns do. And yes, both my rifles and my handguns have red dots.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-07-17 at 19:22.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast