Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: If you haven’t shot a Gen5 G19, you should.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a buddy who handed me a Gen 5 19 while he excitingly said something along the lines of "Here, check this out". I fired about 10 rounds through it.

Thought to myself "meh" and handed it back. I personally just don't see the hubbub regarding the Gen 5. I understand that "It has what plants need, its got electrolytes" but it wasn't an amazing experience to me.

Not to start an age old argument but I had an epiphany the first time I held a 1911. To me, everything just felt right. I guess I expect to have the same feeling again at some point and dismiss pistols that don't provide it. I'm a Glock and 1911 guy but see no reason to run out and upgrade to the latest interpretation of "Perfection".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Problem is the flared magazine well hits into the base of your palm. Totally uncomfortable. The 17 mag well flair sits BELOW your palm, as it should. Major drawback to me. Far worse than finger grips. Kinda like having a small stone in your shoe.

Feedback Score
    To be honest,
    The Glocks I would run out and buy RFN would be:

Gen 2 19, But with the rail dust over.

Gen 2 19, with rail dust cover and 17 length upper.

Gen 2 19 grip with rail dust cover and 26 length upper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    Problem is the flared magazine well hits into the base of your palm. Totally uncomfortable. The 17 mag well flair sits BELOW your palm, as it should. Major drawback to me. Far worse than finger grips. Kinda like having a small stone in your shoe.
    Have you shot one yet or just handled one? Granted we all have different hand sizes but the flared magwell and cutout give me no issues.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The gen 5 Glocks dont seem to like dummy rounds. Just finished a class at the police academy. All recruits with Gen 5 guns had to have the dummy rounds tapped out with cleaning rods.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    The gen 5 Glocks dont seem to like dummy rounds. Just finished a class at the police academy. All recruits with Gen 5 guns had to have the dummy rounds tapped out with cleaning rods.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem
    Not yet, at least, but I'm curious about the source of the ones that you reference?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Not yet, at least, but I'm curious about the source of the ones that you reference?
    http://www.stactionpro.com/9-mm-acti...ounds-p-1.html

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I can tell you one thing I like MUCH BETTER about my Gen 5: no btf. My G19/5 flat out doesn’t care how it is gripped.

I was initially put off by the talk of the mag well but it fits my hand perfectly. I’ve never really needed a mag well on a double stack handgun but it doesn’t interfere in any way.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply, I have not tried those out yet. Was there any obvious indication as to why they would not extract normally?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I can tell you one thing I like MUCH BETTER about my Gen 5: no btf. My G19/5 flat out doesn’t care how it is gripped.

I was initially put off by the talk of the mag well but it fits my hand perfectly. I’ve never really needed a mag well on a double stack handgun but it doesn’t interfere in any way.
    My buddy has been having issues with his, but not Gen 3 or Gen 4 guns. I'm on the fence about whether or not I'll buy one at this time. My Gen 4 runs great and has a frame job. Not seeing an advantage at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast