Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If you haven’t shot a Gen5 G19, you should.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    never brass to face and before anyone ask--I would bet my retirement check I've shot more rounds from them than 99.9% of folks here and still do.

We duplicated the brass to face in testing--light hold and unlocked wrist, and you don't need the have a death grip on it to avoid it. Disagree or not, it is what it is folks.
    Thank you for that.

I've been shooting, and training officers to shoot pistols for three decades. Seen fat kids, skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox, shoot Glocks. Imagine my surprise when I started reading gun forums and learned that Glocks will put your eye out.

Instructing and practicing semi-solid fundamentals seem to alleviate that somewhat, huh?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-08-17 at 20:54.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Agreed 26
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-09-17 at 06:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Purely anecdotal, but I handled a Gen 5 19 the other day and it was the most naturally pointing handgun I've picked up in a while. Much more so than my 3rd Gen 19. Trigger felt noticeably crisper with less take-up, although it might have been a tad heavier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have taken some interest in this thread and the Gen5 G19. I've wanted to like Glocks for years but for me they shoot to far left. Every G I've picked up had a front sight wiggle when the striker was released. I tried two different G5 G19's in two different shops, both had a smoother take up and no wiggle when the striker was released. The Gen 5 might get me back to Glock...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My next glock will be a g5 19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I need a GFA on a gen4 I suppose t still need one on a gen5??? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Id like to ask those of you who have shot the Gen5 guns, if you are noticing more, or pre-mature wear on some parts, like the barrel or just anywhere?
    Ive seen some vids & pics of guns with about 1000 that had very obvious wear on the barrel. Just wondering.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the detailed review Euro.

Gave some quality information; while may be anecdotal and a personal experience, you've quantified it for yourself and presented it in an understandable manner.

I have plans to pick up a Gen5 at my Yearly Bonus time. We will see though.

People's Gen4s are Rusting? It's been 99-100% humidity for nearly two weeks. I sweat on it during the hot weeks and I have never had an issue with rusting in any way. Even where the holster wear has set. Mine's an Austrian Marked, but I thought there wasn't a difference in finishes with he Gen4.

Nonetheless, I do give a regular cleaning regardless of environment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Id like to ask those of you who have shot the Gen5 guns, if you are noticing more, or pre-mature wear on some parts, like the barrel or just anywhere?
    Ive seen some vids & pics of guns with about 1000 that had very obvious wear on the barrel. Just wondering.
    This would suggest to me, a tighter lock-up, which would not be a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Couple things...FWIW I have a G5 17 & 19 (along with a G2 19, G4 19, and I've owned/sold multiple Gen 3 and other Gen 4s over the past few years).

I surmise the tougher finish on the barrel and slide contribute to the increased visible finish wear on the Gen 5 barrels. My G17 has 1100 rounds through it and the barrel shows the same wear. Oh well.

The G5s offer a noticeable improvement in the trigger group over the Gen 3/4 guns. Markedly so. The slide finish is also pretty darn tough; I had holster wear on my Gen 4 in as little as 50 presentations. I've got probably 250 holster presentations with my Gen 5 17 and there is zero holster wear.

Both of my Gen 5s eject properly...this is something I've struggled with in the past. It is *NOT* due to my technique. Glocks and BTF *IS* a real thing and it isn't solely attributed to limp wristing. So stop purporting that shit. There have been legitimate BTF problems with both Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns. And before the fanboys come in...my Gen 2 with the fabled machined extractor also gives me BTF. It's a thing and it's been around since at least the Gen 2s.

But like I said, thankfully the Gen 5s don't have it, or at least my two samples don't. I'm not a Glock guy anymore but I recognize that they are the world service pistol, hence why I still own a few. I might pick up another Gen 5 19 & 17 as spares in the future, but I'm not really in a big rush to do so since they aren't my primary pistol choice.

If you're on the fence between a Gen 4 and a Gen 5, absolutely choose the Gen 5. I wouldn't even consider a Gen 3/4 anymore now that the Gen 5s are available.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast