Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If you haven’t shot a Gen5 G19, you should.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The Gen4 does feel great. I said that in the OP.

But the Gen5 shoots better. It’s objectively faster and more accurate. Incredible 15% improvement in time just by switching to a different gun.
    When you say more accurate, are you talking inherent accuracy or shooter accuracy due to trigger?

What kind of groups are you actually getting?
    Are you shooting a gen 4 with dot or minus connector or blank?

I have never even seen a gen 5 so I'm trying to figure where it would fall in regards to performance, and if it's worth me looking into.

I need to either find my shot timer or get a new one because I want to do side by side fast tests with a std spring and ny1 in the gen4.

This is a gen4 23 with 9mm KKM barrel, and minus connector offhand at 25yds. Extreme slow fire with dry fire every 2-3 rounds as I'm still in transition mode.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-07-17 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree with Euro.

I've been a Glock 19 guy almost exclusively for about 15 years. I like 'em. I really like the Gen3 with the finger grooves removed, double undercut, thumb shelves removed, mag release scallop, stippled. I'm not one to jump on a latest and greatest bandwagon. Gen4s were out for two years before I even shot one. I still shoot a Colt with quad rails.

I was pretty apathetic about the M and Gen5 just by reading specs. After I got situated after Irma blew through I went to a shop to talk to a guy about some long range stuff. Ended up on their indoor range test driving a Gen5 19 along with the Gen3 that I was carrying.

I now have 3 Gen5 19s and all my previous Gens are gone. I've been running one in USPSA and it is consistently easier to shoot faster and more accurately than any of my Gen3s, including my frame worked over, Vanek triggered 34.

The Gen5 is just a few incremental improvements, some may not notice, others will.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The stock trigger on the G19 G5 "feels" smoother...not really sure if it actually is, but it feels better than both of the Gen 4's that inspired me to look for "better" triggers. I'm still early in evaluating my G19, about 500 rds so far. I'm not a fan of the half moon at the bottom of the front strap, and after running a couple of hundred rounds thru it, I got a nice blister on my trigger handed middle finger (seems like some sort of a message there!). I think I'm gonna need to undercut the trigger guard a bit for my hand.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Gen4 does feel great. I said that in the OP.

But the Gen5 shoots better. It’s objectively faster and more accurate. Incredible 15% improvement in time just by switching to a different gun.
    Yes I read that in your OP as well. That's very interesting, I wonder if the Gen 5 uses a different RSA than the 4s.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I took the Gen4 to the range on Thursday and both to the range today. Both have medium backstraps, both used the same ammo, both have OEM sights.

The Gen5 obliterates the Gen4 in literally every measurable way. It's faster. It's more accurate. It looks better. It feels better. It has better sights. It's "smoother" in its operation. It's faster to reload. (FYI - I had no BTF with either gun)
    How are the sights different between the two pistols? The Gen 5s are shipping with three different sight options from Glock, but as far as I've seen the ones with OEM sights are coming with the same plastic sights as always. The other two options are Glock night sights and Ameriglos, IIRC.

I'm not arguing that the Gen 5 is an improvement over previous generations (it absolutely is).
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 10-07-17 at 22:32.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I agree with Euro.

I've been a Glock 19 guy almost exclusively for about 15 years. I like 'em. I really like the Gen3 with the finger grooves removed, double undercut, thumb shelves removed, mag release scallop, stippled. I'm not one to jump on a latest and greatest bandwagon. Gen4s were out for two years before I even shot one. I still shoot a Colt with quad rails.

I was pretty apathetic about the M and Gen5 just by reading specs. After I got situated after Irma blew through I went to a shop to talk to a guy about some long range stuff. Ended up on their indoor range test driving a Gen5 19 along with the Gen3 that I was carrying.

I now have 3 Gen5 19s and all my previous Gens are gone. I've been running one in USPSA and it is consistently easier to shoot faster and more accurately than any of my Gen3s, including my frame worked over, Vanek triggered 34.

The Gen5 is just a few incremental improvements, some may not notice, others will.

Do existing trigger connectors work in the Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    How are the sights different between the two pistols? The Gen 5s are shipping with three different sight options from glock, but as far as I've seen the ones with OEM sights are coming with the same plastic sights as always. The other two options are Glock night sights and Ameriglos, IIRC.

I'm not arguing that the Gen 5 is an over previous generations (it absolutely is).
    This is also interesting. I have Ameriglo Spartan Operators on my G19 and the gun shoots like a laser with them. But they are supposedly the same dimensions as the Glock OEM plastic sights.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 10-07-17 at 22:32.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The plastic rear has a wider, deeper notch than the ones on previous gens. The sight picture is not bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting grip on the pistol

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have enjoyed the feel of the ones I have seen. I almost bought one when I picked up my cz P10C but I decided I was going to wait for them to fix the frame beveling up front.

I am glad to see it is running well. Is it true they went back to the gen 3 extractor?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It has a similar mechanism to the G43, it’s an excellent trigger

Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    The stock trigger on the G19 G5 "feels" smoother...not really sure if it actually is, but it feels better than both of the Gen 4's that inspired me to look for "better" triggers. I'm still early in evaluating my G19, about 500 rds so far. I'm not a fan of the half moon at the bottom of the front strap, and after running a couple of hundred rounds thru it, I got a nice blister on my trigger handed middle finger (seems like some sort of a message there!). I think I'm gonna need to undercut the trigger guard a bit for my hand.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast