Thread: TBAC Ultra 7 vs. ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

TBAC Ultra 7 vs. ?

After foolishly waiting for the HPA or whatever to pass, I've decided to move forward with a suppressor purchase. I would like feedback from the group before I write the check. The purpose of the .30 caliber suppressor will be two fold. During hunting season it will be on a lightweight bolt run. Off hunting season it will be on a HD SBR which currently sports a AAC M4 2000 -18t. My bolt gun currently has a very effective AAC Cyclone, but its heavy as a brick. My preferences in decision making are lightweight & maneuverability. After researching my current front runner is the TBAC Ultra 7 at $1040. My 2nd consideration is Dead Air Sandman K at $569 and Dead Air Sandman S at $829. So, what do you think buy just one and use the TBAC Ultra 7 and go back and forth? Or for both Dead Air products for about $390 more (Plus the $200 extra stamp). Or some other direction?

Considering:
    Sandman K: 5.4 inch, 12.8oz
    Sandman S: 6.8 inch, 18.5oz
    TBAC Ultra 7: 7 inch, 9.7oz.

Current:
    AAC M4 2000: 6.6 inch, 17.6oz.
    AAC Cyclone: 9.5 inch, 22.4 oz.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wouldn't put an Ultra 7 on a 5.56 sbr. That's just me.

I bought an Ultra 7 for a bolt gun. In your case with 2 (very different, imo) needs I would get 2 cans.
    Last edited by dmd08; 10-08-17 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would go two as well, and I also wouldnt be using an ultra on an SBR, given the choice.

If you are not married to any particular mount, there are some good options/pricing available with cans like the Rugged Razor, and Griffin promotion as well.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not married to any mounting system. This purchase will start that process.

Feedback Score
    Sandman s for an SBR

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    The folks above are correct... that's a two can situation. Sean has a good recommendation on the Sandman-S for the HD SBR, and Ultra 7 would make a good can on a hunting rifle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    TBAC silencers are for precision bolt guns. They are not appropriate for a assault rifle.

I would get a Sandman or Surefire RC for your autoloading rifles and a TBAC for your bolt gun.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks to all for the feedback. Given my primary objective of lightweight and maneuverability, I'm not sure what, if anything, I would gain by replacing the AAC M4-2000 with the Sandman S on my AR as their length and weight are very similar.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants