Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scalarworks "Peak" fixed sights

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Scalarworks "Peak" fixed sights

anyone have any firsthand experience with them?

links to reviews?

They look really good, wondering how they stack up against the DD fixed which are absolutely solid to me. The weight difference is negligible.

Does anyone else feel the higher quality Al is going to make a significant difference in actual usage?

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated.
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 10-08-17 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I'm trying them now on a Bren. No issues whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissel View Post
    I'm trying them now on a Bren. No issues whatsoever.
    You have pics of that? I would like to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm curious about how much abuse they'll handle. Not trying to beat on them, but maybe a couple drops and a little pressure to see durability.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Designed with a bunch of input from LAV, IMHO, they are probably the best bolt on fixed sights currently available. I have no doubt that before these sights were released to the public, they were thoroughly tested and their rifles that wore these sights were dropped more than a just a few times.

Last edited by Biggy; 10-09-17 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    So what's the difference between these and the OPS sights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    So what's the difference between these and the OPS sights?

I believe they are the same, they just changed the name of the sights.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    In the description on the site, they say the Peak has a stiffer rotation on flipping the aperture.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Designed with a bunch of input from LAV, IMHO, they are probably the best bolt on fixed sights currently available.

What did you use prior to the Scalarworks? In your own personal usage or experience what makes these better than DD fixed sights, Troy fixed, or my persona favorite, Precision Reflex (I actually use a LaRue rear, and a Precision Reflex Front, I’ve used PRI rears but prefer the LaRue rear.). These are the fixed BUIS I can relate to. I have LMT’s but rarely use them, and I haven’t used an FSP since active duty. (years) I’m guessing you used something before Scalarworks, I think with these three, I named some of the most popular in order of popularity (in my mind anyway)hopefully you were a fan of one of them on your AR’s running RDS or HWS optics..

So if that’s true- and you used one of these, what lead you to make the statement that they are the best available? It’s great LAV likes them and used them, but I’m just a guy.

I run fixed sights on all my AR’s that are designated for CQ. So Aimpoint or EOTech.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I have used all three of the BUIS sights you have mentioned and they were fine and I never had any problems with them, I just believe that from the stronger material used in these sights to their lighter weight, plus all the other refinements incorporated into them, along with LAV's input and endorsement and their lifetime warranty they are currently the best *overall* aluminum bolt on buis available. More info on the sights below. Here is a thread by markm on his front damaged DD front sight from 2014 . https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-front-sights

https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-si...d-iron-sights/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast