Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scalarworks "Peak" fixed sights

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Scalarworks stuff is the heat. I can't wait for their scope mount to come out, it'll probably give the Geissele a run for the money. These will go on one of my guns whenever I get around to making it a priority.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I have used all three of the BUIS sights you have mentioned and they were fine and I never had any problems with them, I just believe that from the stronger material used in these sights to their lighter weight, plus all the other refinements incorporated into them, along with LAV's input and endorsement and their lifetime warranty they are currently the best *overall* aluminum bolt on buis available. More info on the sights below. Here is a thread by markm on his front damaged DD front sight from 2014 . https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-front-sights

https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-si...d-iron-sights/
    I am not buying it. There is no way that they made those sights twice as good as a set of DD.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Designed with a bunch of input from LAV, IMHO, they are probably the best bolt on fixed sights currently available. I have no doubt that before these sights were released to the public, they were thoroughly tested and their rifles that wore these sights were dropped more than a just a few times.

Very nice. It appears to be a very functional and competent setup with the KAC high rise.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    In the description on the site, they say the Peak has a stiffer rotation on flipping the aperture.
    You are correct they are using a much stiffer spring under the rear sight's flip aperture on current production sights. They will also install the stiffer spring on the earlier sights, but you have to send the sight back to them.
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-10-17 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Only heard from one user so far (positive), any links to reviews or firsthand info would be great. Currently running MBUS as my only sighting system on a particular gun. Been pretty happy with them in that role so far (except I hate the way the peep aperture is on the far side of me). Tried running the rear "backwards" but the reflection on the inside of the larger aperture was too distracting.

Would love to learn more about the PEAK sights. Would be for a Trooper

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I am not an engineer but the PEAK front sight I purchased seems pretty solid. Stronger and lighter than other options and a slightly narrower post. The front is great but the rear sight seems to be a bigger upgrade over other rear fixed options.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am going to have to check these out

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12