Thread: Underwood/Lehigh 115gr Controlled Chaos 300BLK

Feedback Score

Underwood/Lehigh 115gr Controlled Chaos 300BLK

Been reading about it, watched a vid or two. Looks like it could be the Mk318-mimicking bullet in 300BLK. Front part fragments, rear base keeps on going. I know there is a Mk319 but it is designed for 7.62 NATO velocities, whereas the Controlled Chaos seems to work quite well at 300BLK velocities.

My rainy day stash is heavily populated with Mk318, so a rough equivalent in 300BLK suits my needs too (but not nearly as many rounds desired). It ain't cheap, but no 300BLK seems to be. It is all copper so an occasional patch of copper remover would be in order but certainly no biggie.

Thoughts? Experience?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    There are actually two versions of the Controlled Chaos projectile for 300 BLK. The 115gr copper that you mentioned and a 110gr made of brass with the same design. There is also an ultralight/high velocity 78gr bullet made of brass with an aluminum insert, 3 different Controlled Fracturing designs meant for subsonic loadings, one heavy solid copper 226gr and one Maximum Expansion design.

I've only so far loaded and fired the 115gr that you mention and the 78gr bullets. I also loaded some of the Xtreme Defense bullets in both 45 ACP and 9mm. I used load data from the Lehigh Defense page.

I didn't have access to a chronograph at the time and did some rather unscientific testing on some cantaloupes and watermelons. Results were impressive.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson