Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 6.5 Grendel build feed issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Op, can you post some pictures of the bolt face with the BCG removed and some of the stoppage showing the bolt face?

These large rim variants can get hung up on the ejector while feeding from one side of the magazine.
    I've never seen bolt over base FTFeed with an ejector impingement FTFeed, because the case head has to get in front of the bolt face in order to have the ejector impingement.

I'm suspecting cyclic rate is out of time since it did this with at least 2 different mags.

Feedback Score
    Wanted to update this thread. Replaced the buffer spring/buffer with the Geissele Super 42, and bought a 10-round E-Lander magazine from Alexander Arms. Rifle works like a charm; I believe the stronger spring in the E-Lander mag fixed the feed issue I was having, and I am in the process of returning the Odin 10-round. Hope this helps someone in the future. Thank you LRRPF52 for your advice; you are a big reason why I built the 6.5 Grendel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
    Wanted to update this thread. Replaced the buffer spring/buffer with the Geissele Super 42, and bought a 10-round E-Lander magazine from Alexander Arms. Rifle works like a charm; I believe the stronger spring in the E-Lander mag fixed the feed issue I was having, and I am in the process of returning the Odin 10-round. Hope this helps someone in the future. Thank you LRRPF52 for your advice; you are a big reason why I built the 6.5 Grendel.
    Great news. I'm glad you found a solution to your problem and I will keep your fix in mind anytime someone has similar issues as you, particularly with the Geissele Super 42, which is something I haven't had an opportunity to test yet in 6.5 Grendel. Good to know.

I'm going to be setting up my 12" Grendel here soon now that I have the parts Cerakoted FDE and another device I'm testing while I await the eternal Form 4 approval for my Thunderbeast Ultra 5, 7.6 ounce Titanium suppressor.

I have 2 different PDW braces in FDE to consider, the SB Tactical and the Maxim Defense that I just got in on with the amazing deal a SHOT last week. I grabbed 3 of them for about half of what they retail for, plus we got cheek braces with the kits and swag, including one of the best fitting T-Shirts I've ever owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12