Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Info on Colt for a guy who’s never owned one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    In no way should the company turning out these turds:

be recommended in the same breath as BCM/DD/Colt, CHF or not.
    There are plenty of companies turning out CHF barrels (if thats a requirement for the OP) that don't propagate the fudd-culture. It's like a "don't feed the bears" policy.
    Hey, don't $hit on my go-to lower.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    In no way should the company turning out these turds:

be recommended in the same breath as BCM/DD/Colt, CHF or not.
    There are plenty of companies turning out CHF barrels (if thats a requirement for the OP) that don't propagate the fudd-culture. It's like a "don't feed the bears" policy.
    Finally!! A lower that matches my Affliction T-shirts and lack of self-esteem...

Go with a BCM, for CHF and the money they are probably the best way to go.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I also found they have a DD 16” complete upper with their m4 rail that I am also considering. Here is another question: if I want a 14.5 barrel, why couldn’t I just buy all the parts there and put it together? Use a dd upper, barrel, gas block, etc. Finding a 14.5 upper group is surprisingly tough unless I do BCM, which I have no problem with, but Brownells is 45 minutes away and I can get same day buying satisfaction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Westernsport.com has daniel defense uppers with quadrails ready to go. Might check them out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swobe1 View Post
    I also found they have a DD 16” complete upper with their m4 rail that I am also considering. Here is another question: if I want a 14.5 barrel, why couldn’t I just buy all the parts there and put it together? Use a dd upper, barrel, gas block, etc. Finding a 14.5 upper group is surprisingly tough unless I do BCM, which I have no problem with, but Brownells is 45 minutes away and I can get same day buying satisfaction!

Because that 1.5" is the difference between freedom and federal prison. You can buy it and assemble it, you just need to permanent install a muzzle device to make the barrel a full 16"+ unless you want to get together with the BATFE and manufacture a short barreled rifle.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 10-10-17 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    OP,

You do not need a CHF barrel.

The rail, gas block selection, gas port size, and barrel brand are more important than CHF.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    OP,

You do not need a CHF barrel.

The rail, gas block selection, gas port size, and barrel brand are more important than CHF.
    This.

Truth be told, the primary advantages to hammer forged barrels only really show if you're fielding thousands of guns and blasting through millions of rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAfanBrian View Post
    Wow you got me pegged! I'm just some slack jawed yokel n00b who buys everything with the word tactical in it.....

Get off your gear elitism and your high horse. You don't know me I don't know you, so show some respect.

Respect is earned here via legitimate posting. Looks like you got off on the wrong foot here.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can't go wrong with Colt OP.. and as many previously said, probably not necessary to get wrapped around the CHF axel.

I can tell you from owning/shooting DD, BCM, and a Colt, the Colt is the most accurate and well balanced- and by far the cheapest. Buy that upper with confidence
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Swobe1 View Post

I ordered a 14.5” BCM complete upper with PW A2X FH last year, it was delivered in 3 days. I got the standard M4 not BFH and it is freakin awesome.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast