Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt not locking back

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I believe they were selling both the DPMS style (standard tube/short buffer) and the AR10 style (long tube/standard buffer) carbine buffer systems simultaneously AND occasionally mixing up parts.

Either style works, parts are NOT cross compatible.

Proper stroke should be verified by pulling and holding the charging handle and inspecting.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-12-17 at 07:21.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Hmm, that's not the case with my PSA AR308. Buffer in my factory PSA rifle was the same as all my 5.56 carbine buffers
    arrrrgh, so it be. I was going off reports/rumors and didn't personally weight it. in fact, it's simply a H carbine buffer (3.8oz). I was expecting at least H2 or something...

anyway, I ordered a .308 rifle buffer (5.4oz) and spring. I'll check function with that and my handloads...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    removed...
    Last edited by ra2bach; 10-12-17 at 10:34. Reason: bump-fired
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I believe they were selling both the DPMS style (standard tube/short buffer) and the AR10 style (long tube/standard buffer) carbine buffer systems simultaneously AND occasionally mixing up parts.

Either style works, parts are NOT cross compatible.

Proper stroke should be verified by pulling and holding the charging handle and inspecting.
    yeah, PSA is providing me with a learning opportunity here.

I won't make the mistake of thinking this is a hardened weapon but if I can get it to make meat in hunting season and be reliable at the range, for less than $600 it will have earned its keep...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    a quick update, the PS10 works very well with A2 rifle stock, shorter AR10 rifle buffer, and spring.

the upper is 18" midlength and these are reported to be overgassed. shooting 4 different weights and brands of commercial match and hunting ammo, ejection is all acceptable with cases landing between 6-10 feet and about 2 oclock with a couple very light marks on shell deflector. recoil was very acceptable.

operation deemed a success. I just need to shoot more to get an idea of reliability but no failures after 100 rounds using Magpul 20rd mags. if anything changes I'll update here...
    never push a wrench...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12