Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accubond tips brittle with age.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Accubond tips brittle with age.

Sunday Pappabear and I dragged out his hunting 300 WM to confirm zero, etc. When he popped open the 50 round plastic ammo box, I saw that about 4 of the white tips were missing or broken. (This ammo is from last year's hand loading.)

As he shot the gun some, he had a tip break off and cause the next round not to chamber. At that point he ran his fingers over the remaining ammo in the box and a few more of the tips easily broke off.

I'll get some pics up tonight. Has anyone ever experienced this? This isn't ammo he can afford to jam up his gun if an Elk is ready to be harvested.
    Last edited by markm; 10-10-17 at 18:05.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I've not experienced it and have plenty of Accubonds on hand. Some approaching 7 years old.

Will report back.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hope your experience is a fluke. I'm considering using them for my 6.8.

Feedback Score
    Just loaded a year ago? I know that many plastics will deteriorate over time but that seems like a very short time for it to occur. Were they stored in a climate controlled area? Were they subjected to high heat (left in a trunk or similar location) for any length of time?
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Never had that problem. Hope it's not a "thing" with Accubonds now.

I have hunting ammo in .30 and 7mm with Accubonds that has been loaded for several years and have never experienced this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That's severe.

I'd contact Nosler- show them that photo. Like to think they'd make it right with you.
    Not sure how'd you could be compensated for the reloading time, other components and pissed off quotient.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear called Nosler. They're sending him some bullets. I doubt we'll come out even, but at least they're doing something.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yep , Nosler was good people about it. I think they had seen it a time or two but was a rare occasion. Anywho, he was cool and offered to send me a some bullets. Thats all they can do.

Im satisfied to be a customer.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I had some ABs do that around 2014. They were 1 year old and .30 cal. Glad they made right on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast