Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accubond tips brittle with age.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen that happen with accubonds as well years ago. It wasn't old ammo either. I've never seen the problem with any other variety of Nosler ballistic tips.

Feedback Score
    I had some very early Hornady AMax bullets do that, 75 grain .224". Hornady's response was "Meh."

Once Sierra came out with the 77 Matchking I no longer shoot Hornady bullets.

Feedback Score
    Also to add, rather than throw them away, I just used them for fouling shots following a deep clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah... we'll end up slinging them. It was interesting. Pappabear shot 2 or 3 at our 1000 yard target, and without that tip, they ran out of a lot of ass. Our spot is relatively flat, so I couldn't quantify the come up loss, but it was definitely there.

I think the guy at Nosler told Pappabear that inside of 300 it wouldn't matter. however his last two Elk were shot at 535 yards and 450 +/- yards.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Follow up:

Nosler sent Pappabear 30 replacement bullets.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That's severe.

I'd contact Nosler- show them that photo. Like to think they'd make it right with you.
    Not sure how'd you could be compensated for the reloading time, other components and pissed off quotient.
    They didn't even come close, I think the guy reluctantly sent 30. So on with ELD's. You would think with such a competitive market they would care more. If your Mr Nosler Accubond, you must think you don't need to. How do you decide to send 30, I can't imagine its not easier to send a note to customer service and say, "Send a box".

Blessing in disguise, now I have 220 ELD's that are flying awesome for my hunt.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    That's quite an insult. Poor CS. I use LR Accubonds on my hunting rifle. They are shooting 2" for me at 500 yards. If not for that, I'd love to try the new ELD-X and still may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not the end of the world. The ELD X proved to sub right into the Accubond's place. I'm not turning my back on Nosler. 30 bullets might be a lot to some hunter who only zeros and hunts with his gun. We shoot the living shit out of some guns and ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12