Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TLR-1 on AR-15?

Feedback Score

TLR-1 on AR-15?

I'm looking for a new weapon light for my ar-15. I don't have much of a budget to buy a Surefire scout light. That being said I have the budget for the TLR-1 300 lumen model. My rifle's core purpose is home defense, would this light stand up to the recoil of the 5.56 and be a reliable option?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Absolutely, the Streamlight TRL-1 is a solid WML. Many people run those. You shouldn’t have any issues with it on your AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ryno12, as usual, is right. I've run a Streamlight TRL - 1 HL on my AR for years. Works great, no issues.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the HL 800L version of that light on both of my rifles as well as handguns. As long as you tighten it down correctly and have a spec rail you won't have any problems.

Feedback Score
    The TLR-1 series is good to go. The Protac Rail Mount series is worth a look as well for similar $$$ if you want a Scout style light.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    The TLR-1 series is good to go. The Protac Rail Mount series is worth a look as well for similar $$$ if you want a Scout style light.
    I second this. Very similar price point and built as a rifle-light. I have two of the new 1k lumen ones and have been very happy with them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive used a tlr-1 on my duty rifle for a while now with no problems.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run a TLR-1HL on my 11.5" full auto duty rifle and it gets the crap beat out of it with no issues. I run it on a cantilever mount to get it as close to the muzzle as I can to minimize shadowing. Zero complaints.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What kind of forearm/mount are you planning on?

I like the TLR and also the Streamlight Polytacs and Protac 1L-1AA...the protac works well with Magpul V block and ring setups.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    What kind of forearm/mount are you planning on?

I like the TLR and also the Streamlight Polytacs and Protac 1L-1AA...the protac works well with Magpul V block and ring setups.
    I plan on putting the light at the 9 o'clock far forward position so I can use my thumb to activate it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast