Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larue Predatobr vs LMT Mws which is the better all around gun?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    JoshNC may provide some insight, since he owned an OBR, an MWS, and now has an ACC (which is getting sold). This past Monday we shot his ACC side by side with my MWS. We even used his Surefire 762 RC on both.

Without the can the ACC had slightly less recoil, but it also has a brake installed whereas my MWS has a warcomp. With the can, my MWS had less recoil, and the impulse wasn't as sharp.

Do I want an ACC? Hell yes. I find ways to justify expensive toys all the time, but unfortunately I can't do it on the ACC. I don't feel like the $2000 premium over an MWS nets me anything except a half pound of weight and slightly better handling. The new m-lok chassis for the MWS narrows the weight difference, too, although it's a little more expensive than the quad rail version.
    I was unaware that LMT had any M-LOK guns.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I was unaware that LMT had any M-LOK guns.
    On the bench in this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ1NAK3j...-by=lmtdefense

And another pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZOhDnPj...-by=lmtdefense
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very cool, you’re always on top of the intel :-) thanks for sharing..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdchaos View Post
    Looking to pick up a 308 AR, I’m looking at the predatobr and Lmt mws with 18” barrels. Which one is more accurate? Reliable? Overall better fit and finish?
    I have and use a lot 7.62 based AR's, normally 16" or 20" based, not 18" based. For myself, I've had some good groupings from Larue, but base function is important. A small group on paper is meaningless to me if I can not rely on that. I do not currently have any of the Larue line for these anymore, but I'm not totally opposed to trying them in the future. Products can and do evolve with consumer demand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    JoshNC may provide some insight, since he owned an OBR, an MWS, and now has an ACC (which is getting sold). This past Monday we shot his ACC side by side with my MWS. We even used his Surefire 762 RC on both.

Without the can the ACC had slightly less recoil, but it also has a brake installed whereas my MWS has a warcomp. With the can, my MWS had less recoil, and the impulse wasn't as sharp.

Do I want an ACC? Hell yes. I find ways to justify expensive toys all the time, but unfortunately I can't do it on the ACC. I don't feel like the $2000 premium over an MWS nets me anything except a half pound of weight and slightly better handling. The new m-lok chassis for the MWS narrows the weight difference, too, although it's a little more expensive than the quad rail version.

I think you sum it up pretty well.

OBR: great rifle, ran well suppressed and unsuppressed, very accurate, reliable. I hated the 20moa top rail as it raises the height of the rail. I overcame this by using a lower optic mount. But it was annoying. Lack of handguard options was less than ideal as well.

MWS: love this rifle. mine was very accurate, reliable suppressed, and the LW barrel makes it less of a pig. Even with the LW barrel it could stand to lose some weight.

ACC: I'm still on the fence. Very light, very soft shooting. Haven't shot groups, but this was meant to be a battle rifle so I'm not terribly concerned. It's a very refined system and so far I'm very impressed. Slippers knows my birthday is coming up soon and even offered to give me his K16i, very generous.

Is the ACC worth $2k more than a MWS? I personally can't say. Value is a very individual metric. I've wanted to try an ACC for a long time. So I'm giving it a go. You really can't go wrong with a mws, predatobr, or ACC. It's a matter of setting your budget, listing pros/cons to each rifle, deciding which of these attributes are important, and making a decision.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Started with a MWS, went 180 and bought a JP, did another 180, bought a EMC.

Sold it, bought an ECC.

An ACC (that shot a really good test group) is the only thing I would sell it for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12