Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US does not qualify for World Cup

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

US does not qualify for World Cup

The most “powerful” nation in the world can’t field a team of soccer players that can beat, or even tie, tiny Caribbean or Central American countries.

Wow. Just wow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dunno why REAL football isnt popular here like everywhere else.

People will spend money to watch a bunch of spoiled, bitch ass males play a faggy version of rugby but dont care about the beautiful game of FOOTBALL.

Disclosure, in my youth, I loved me some FOOTBALL. I mean I really dug it it. I was a goalie from blackest hell. Even before life, injury, and God having a personal grudge against me got in the way; I'd play pick up games with the Julios.

It is a game of tactics and war. A game of rivalry and pain. You will work for your goal. Its like hockey but real and not polluted with Canadians.

I mean....I can watch FOOTBALL all damn day, and I have. See....FOOTBALL is essentially these places repping their countries. No kneeling, no whining. They are there to murder the other nation in a sport of ruthlessness. It os one step below actual military action. Why do you think people shave their heads and riot?

And you people care ooooh soooo much about your college American Football.

SMDH

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Completely inexcusable, we are better than this.
    As a convert to the beautiful game (yes, it is very much a battle) I am embarrassed by our failures.
    I missed the game due to watching a couple of local HS teams play a super high energy game that went into overtime. My daughter's HS team is undefeated and I'm still encouraging their coach to help them play better as we head to the state playoffs.
    I really thought Bruce Arenas was better than this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds about right. I don't mean this in a negative way it's just not a popular sport here. Kids in those small Caribbean countries (and others ad well) grow up playing football. They've had decades of practice. No different than kids playing baseball or American football here. Back in the old country when I was a kid my parents sent me to football camp and I played in school during breaks and after school with friends. Lost that when I came here

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-11-17 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was going to troll hard an say: "Because no one in America really cares that much about soccer."

But I realize that's a bit of a lowblow. As much as I like to joke, tis the truth.

I really enjoy the competitiveness, the competition of the sport, but just haven't been able to get into it unless it's the Cup or sumn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

People will spend money to watch a bunch of spoiled, bitch ass males play a faggy version of rugby but dont care about the beautiful game of FOOTBALL.

Disclosure, in my youth, I loved me some FOOTBALL. I mean I really dug it it. I was a goalie from blackest hell. Even before life, injury, and God having a personal grudge against me got in the way; I'd play pick up games with the Julios.

It is a game of tactics and war. A game of rivalry and pain. You will work for your goal. Its like hockey but real and not polluted with Canadians.

I mean....I can watch FOOTBALL all damn day, and I have. See....FOOTBALL is essentially these places repping their countries. No kneeling, no whining. They are there to murder the other nation in a sport of ruthlessness. It os one step below actual military action. Why do you think people shave their heads and riot?

SMDH
    This.

American Football shouldn't be called football.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score

SMDH
    Because any sport that can end in a 0-0 tie sucks and soccer is no exception. Not to mention the way the players cry and moan in agony if someone breathes on them too hard and the ref might be looking. Talk about a bitch sport.

Feedback Score

SMDH
    Because Americans really aren't enamored with running around in faggoty-ass high socks kicking a ball around? It wants pads and high-speed cracking, replete with concussions and injuries. "Man, did you see that hit?" Not a cardio game but one of violence; it's the American way! I have ZERO use for soccer, and I guess most Americans feel the same way. They're not fond of having some Euro/Latin sport rammed down their throats.

All that said, my interest in football has waned the last few years, and ESPECIALLY this year with the shenanigans at anthem time. The reason you don't see a lot of that crap with soccer is that soccer teams are like mercenaries......a given team with have foreign nationals playing on it to a large degree.

Now rugby? That is what football has devolved from, I'll give you that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Because any sport that can end in a 0-0 tie sucks and soccer is no exception. Not to mention the way the players cry and moan in agony if someone breathes on them too hard and the ref might be looking. Talk about a bitch sport.
    I wasn't going to be that harsh but that was pretty spot on!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    faggoty-ass high socks kicking a ball around?

having some Euro/Latin sport rammed down their throats.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I wasn't going to be that harsh but that was pretty spot on!
    Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast