Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US does not qualify for World Cup

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dunno why REAL football isnt popular here like everywhere else.

SMDH
    Simple answer...... it is gay......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not big into sports. Really don't care if the Bangles beat the Penguins or whatever! However I never could get into football or baseball. The only two main sports where most people stand around and sometimes something happens!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Lol
    Laugh all you want, it's NOT an American sport. It's NOT winning over hearts and minds here in the U.S. to any large degree. To suggest that it should be so is not being realistic. That would be akin to trying to make Europe and Latin American accept American football. It won't work. Don't take it as a personal affront, you've experienced the transition from another country to here in your life......are you surprised?

Edit: I was more into sports in the past than I am now. Baseball has always been a "slow" sport, never was a huge fan (but played Little League like most American kids did). Never cared for basketball at all. Football has been my primary interest but this year has turned me off.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-11-17 at 08:56.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Laugh all you want, it's NOT an American sport. It's NOT winning over hearts and minds here in the U.S. to any large degree. To suggest that it should be so is not being realistic. That would be akin to trying to make Europe and Latin American accept American football. It won't work. Don't take it as a personal affront, you've experienced the transition from another country to here in your life......are you surprised?

Edit: I was more into sports in the past than I am now. Baseball has always been a "slow" sport, never was a huge fan (but played Little League like most American kids did). Never cared for basketball at all. Football has been my primary interest but this year has turned me off.
    I was laughing at the fact that one the one had it was all "faggoty" and on the other it was "I wasn't going to be that harsh"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I was laughing at the fact that one the one had it was all "faggoty" and on the other it was "I wasn't going to be that harsh"
    Yeah, was a bit of a dichotomy eh?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Football, out types- are pretty stupid. Fun to play as a kid but boring and annoying to watch on TV. Going to the games is worse, pay out the ear for everything, crammed into a stadium of drunk idiots who put more importance into these games the. They do into the real world.

I couldn't care less about most sports. Hockey is the only one I like. It's actually got non stop action, it's not commercialized to the point of being sickening and the players are just wanting to play the game hard and leave their personal politics and BS at home for the most part.

It's no surprise we don't have a good showing when it's a sport that barely survives here in the states.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Football, out types- are pretty stupid. Fun to play as a kid but boring and annoying to watch on TV. Going to the games is worse, pay out the ear for everything, crammed into a stadium of drunk idiots who put more importance into these games the. They do into the real world.

I couldn't care less about most sports. Hockey is the only one I like. It's actually got non stop action, it's not commercialized to the point of being sickening and the players are just wanting to play the game hard and leave their personal politics and BS at home.
    Hockey is Futball on ice with an occasional boxing match thrown in...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having a feeling one way or thr other would require me to give a Rat's Ass about professional organized sports to begin with, and I just don't do that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Hockey is Futball on ice with an occasional boxing match thrown in...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    and scoring...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the track record of riots, murder, and even war because of soccer, and yes I will call it soccer because I am at the point if the sport doesn't involve a gun I really don't care about it. Do we really want to give people in the US another reason to riot and burn shit down, be it in celebration. a la college towns the country over, or because of a "bad" call, or scream racism when they get their ass kicked so hard their asshole is mistaken for their mouth? The world hates us enough as it is. Let's not give them any more reason. Besides, you got to let the dumb kid win at something once in a while.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast