Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: US does not qualify for World Cup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    One other thing, I'm kind of glad they're not there because they'd just be kneeling and create another controversy.

I'm done with prima donna sports, music, and Hollywood stars.

If they're going to posture, I'm going to turn off. And won't even take the chance that they will if I have to pay for it, just stopped buying.

Get off my lawn!
    Actually a whole other discussion, but I agree. I have actors, musicians, cartoonists, writers, ect, who i will not patronize because they want to open their mouths about their political beliefs and imply if I am not agreeing with them that I am not welcome, or that i am an idiot, or worse.

While I don't care for their music, Gene Simmons once made the comment to the effect that if you were a celebrity that you ought to shut up about politics. You know what, I respect that man a hell of a lot more than 99.99999% of all other celebrities for that regardless of his opinions because he is keeping his opinions to himself.

And while on that subjects of celebrities tell me what I should think. Since the profanity laced rant would get me banned. Here is a nice song.

"I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    While I don't care for their music, Gene Simmons once made the comment to the effect that if you were a celebrity that you ought to shut up about politics. You know what, I respect that man a hell of a lot more than 99.99999% of all other celebrities for that regardless of his opinions because he is keeping his opinions to himself.
    Grotesque as he was (is), he was a very Savvy businessman. And a businessman first, musician second. (If you can even say that!)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Grotesque as he was (is), he was a very Savvy businessman. And a businessman first, musician second. (If you can even say that!)
    Oh, he was probably, of his era, one of the best businessmen in his business. But, compared to a lot of his ilk, then and especially now, he is far from stupid. And that I can respect. By all means, hock your product, but don't think that because you have made money you have the right to tell me what to believe. I think he gets that. There have been other bands, since we are on the subject of music who have not gotten that and cut their own throats.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Funny, my high school football coach always said that soccer is a communist sport.
    You laugh! It will be the one world official sport

The only soccer game id ever watch would have been England vs Germany, No mans land, christmas 1914.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Sport" used to mean contests or exhibitions of skills needed or valued in life, like hunting and fighting, and usually involved the real possibility of death or grievous injury. Stick and ball games? Who cares?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    "Sport" used to mean contests or exhibitions of skills needed or valued in life, like hunting and fighting, and usually involved the real possibility of death or grievous injury. Stick and ball games? Who cares?
    Damn right!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like to see Americans in general lose interest in spending their time, money, and energies watching other grown men play with rubber balls. Perhaps then they would have more time to focus on slowing down the rapid ongoing destruction of our nation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some basic bitch would have just "taken a knee" during the anthem while the world watched yet stood for the opposing team's anthem.

Crisis averted.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I would like to see Americans in general lose interest in spending their time, money, and energies watching other grown men play with rubber balls. Perhaps then they would have more time to focus on slowing down the rapid ongoing destruction of our nation.
    Yeah god forbid anyone get any enjoyment from entertainment. They should all be sitting around brooding while contemplating the issues going on with this country in any of their spare time. No time for hobbies or entertainment of any kind unless they are ones I happen to agree with.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dunno why REAL football isnt popular here like everywhere else.

People will spend money to watch a bunch of spoiled, bitch ass males play a faggy version of rugby but dont care about the beautiful game of FOOTBALL.
    The inexorable and inevitable death of American football is taking place even as we speak. First the whole CTE issue, now the well-publicized arrogance and self-importance of American football players deciding that their fame and celebrity in that already-dying sport represents a good platform for political protest. With concussions more of a problem than anything we realized, and youth/highschool football getting a very hard look, it's only a matter of time before the relatively safe sport of soccer supplants football as the main sport in the US, as it is in the rest of the world.

If I was the governor of a state and an NFL owner came to me to ask the state to build them a football stadium, if I didn't laugh in their face, I would at least make sure that the stadium would be suitable for conversion to a soccer stadium. Otherwise, I can't imagine a worse multi-milion dollar investment at this time in the history of American sports.
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-12-17 at 08:32.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast