Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Army tries "pinks and greens"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    My current understanding is that they do not in the Army, and unfortunately my son's on a deployment so can't ping him. Maybe other Army officers currently serving anything comment.

What I do know is that the shift to the multicam ACU's was totally out of his pocket no compensation. Same for jump boots, different Beret, etcetera.

He's probably spent a couple of grand in the first two years as an officer on uniforms and required gear, and that's excluding Ranger school boots, uniforms, gear that gets trashed.

I do recall West Point had mandatory saving for the cheapest minimal set of ASUs for commissioning. It was not a stipend, it was a forced savings hold back. To get the ones you really wanted was substantially more. Pretty expensive for young LT who will wear that uniform four to five times a year if that. Certain School graduations(bolc), and hail / farewell gatherings. One unit ball a year.

They virtually never wear the ASU in Garrison unless it's a formal and public function. But even a lot of those are in ACU.
    I was in the Navy, and I was commissioned in 2003, so yeah, things may be different since that time and certainly in the Army. But I sure feel for your son, I know what it's like to spend $2,000 on uniforms that will either hang in a closet, or be outdated in the near future. I had some Navy uniforms I was required to have, that I never wore.

Feedback Score
    Makes me think of Steve Trevor on the TV show Wonder Woman.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Just reminds me how goddamned awful the current ASU is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456