Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Army tries "pinks and greens"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it.

But I wonder how long it'll be until my dress greens come back into fashion.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    So you got the SUPER COOL Navy (no idea of its real name) Water Camo? At least it is not as bad as the AF tiger-stripe sky pattern..... LOL
    LOL...that was after my time. I was still woodland cammies/jungle boots (followed by MARPAT); poopie suits (blue overalls) and dungarees for shipboard use. Never got those hideous blue/gray cammies.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    2404 much?

No, lots of 5988's are scribbled on, just very few wrenches and sockets turning.
    The Army has a screwed up sense of priorities when there is a committee of at least 50 always on the search for a new way to screw up your clothing allowance, but can we build a team to inspect Maintenance as in the old days?
    These guys believe they will get new vehicles every time they deploy.
    That's going to be a kick in the nuts one day.
    We will look so cool when it happens though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I suppose they could always throw in a Sam Browne belt for the officers.
    And a batman for every commissioned officer, got to have a batman.

Next thing these fools will do is break out the old stock of helmet liners so we can polish them up and run through Europe with ivory gripped six shooters.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    That is the best looking uniform, aside from the USMC Dress Blues, in our military. I say bring it back and make it official.

However; if it is intended to be worn around garrison, I think that is silly. I went through the last bit of Gen. Amos' "awakening" and had to wear my chucks or bravos around work for a bit. That was beyond stupid.

Feedback Score
    Now if we could only get the USAF to go back to their previous Service Dress uniform from the current "insurance salesman" look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That is the best looking uniform, aside from the USMC Dress Blues, in our military. I say bring it back and make it official.

However; if it is intended to be worn around garrison, I think that is silly. I went through the last bit of Gen. Amos' "awakening" and had to wear my chucks or bravos around work for a bit. That was beyond stupid.
    I still think the USMC forest green uniform looks better than the blues. YMMV
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post

So glad I got out before the Gay-mos years. I've heard stories about that idiot and his bullshit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Now if we could only get the USAF to go back to their previous Service Dress uniform from the current "insurance salesman" look.
    So they will go from insurance salesman look back to municipal bus driver uniforms? Sounds good to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    So they will go from insurance salesman look back to municipal bus driver uniforms? Sounds good to me.
    The previous uniform looked essentially like the old Army Green outfit. You know, with pockets and epaulets. McPeak didn't like it so he created the current disaster.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast