• Leave in manufacturer box

10 71.43%
  • Put on strippers dump in box.

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave ammo in boxes or put on strippers

Feedback Score

Leave ammo in boxes or put on strippers

Hey I was separating some ammo last night. Putting 55 and 62grn in separate cans. I noticed the side of the can said something to the effect of. "840 ctrgs on 10 rnd strippers". I know I don't get that many in there in the manufacturers boxes. I have a bunch of stripper clips I bought at the gun show I could put them all on. Just wondered what you guys do, dump 'em all in a box, put em on strippers and if so how do you track which manufacturer is which. I Could put the strippers in bags with a box top in it, which I have done on some old Remington .223 that came in huge boxes. Just curious.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you keep spoons in the can, strippers are nice. I mostly have loose rounds in 762 cans.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I try to get or put all my ammo on stripper clips. I will put all the same "lot" in one ammo can, and put the lot number inside and on the outside written with a paint marker.

I add a spoon to each ammo can. When I buy/get stripper clips.

As a matter of fact, I need to get some more stripper clips/spoons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Leave ammo in boxes or put on strippers

I fit 1000 5.56 in each .50 cal can on strippers, placed in 30 round cardboard sleeves.
    That’s an easy way for me to inventory my stash. Add a Maglula, and you’ve got quick mag loading too.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 10-11-17 at 19:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Strippers are awesome. So are stripper clips. I keep a few cans of M855 and M193 all in their stripper clips/bandoleers. I have stripper clips that I load loose factory ammo on for the range and refill them. I haven't found anything that beats stripper clips in speed and convenience for reloading 30-round mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't have any stripper clips, but if I did I would load them with handloads. If you think about it, the time it would take to load up a few strippers is probably about equal to that of loading a mag, basically just making an extra step.

I keep lots of mags loaded, then ammo cans full of ammo in factory boxes. If the factory boxes are too large, I take the ammo out and dump it in the can.

That said, I've shot ammo that is 50 years old that was just sitting on a shelf for its entire life and still went bang... And a few rounds from the 1800's that was over 100 years old that still went bang. Fell in a creek once with a bunch of ammo, all that ammo still worked.
    Ammo cans are great for storage though, and give me peace of mind that the ammo is staying dry.

Feedback Score
    I put my ammo in plastic ammo cans that stack and keep the rounds loose. It's not really much faster to put them on the clips than magazines with a loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just realized after posting I have an AK in 5.56 I recently bought so the spoon for AR mags probably won't work for it. My thinking was mainly to get more rounds per ammo can though. I may just take ammo that is in larger boxes like the plastic "mini can" some AE XM855 came in and put on strippers and ditch the little plastic box.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I buy by the case and unless the carton is damaged, I leave the ammo in the boxes in the carton.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clips are an easy way to store and transport ammo if you don't want to tie up a quantity of magazines. Make it a family activity or a distraction during Netflix.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast