Thread: FN-15

Feedback Score

FN-15

Just wondering why we seldom hear discussion on the FN-15? I notice a lot of them on GB and they are pricey. Is there any reason to pay 1K for an FN M4 Clone over a 6920 $800?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Short answer is no, there isn't, unless perhaps you are looking for a very specific clone because you want as close to a copy of what you carried as you can get.

For the long answer, go search the forum there are a number of very heated and detailed threads on the subject.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I'll be honest with you - I have both.

The FN is the slickest out-of-the-box AR lower that I own. The selector is like butter. Granted, we're talking about mid-range AR's... Not a $2000 Larue.

I didn't pay 1k for the FN - they were both in the $8-900 range. The LE Colt's for a 6945CQB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I handled an FN M4 couple days ago that unlike the FN 15 appears like it may be an FN production line carbine. Different Barrel markings, different receiver markings, FN stamped Barrel and cage codes. KAC handguard, correct flip up sight, etc.

The sales droid said it was absolutely off the line and the only difference was the lower fire control group. I've not tried to look it up on the FN site, but this is the largest dealer in the Atlanta area, and they're usually pretty informed.

If it's not a production line carbine, it's the best clone I've ever seen.

Edit: found the product link:
    https://fnamerica.com/products/rifle...-collector-m4/

The fact they listed it as button rifled rather than forged Barrel maybe the giveaway, but I tell you this looks very different than the A2 clone
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 10-11-17 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am issued a FN M4A1. Its nice and it works fine. I do like the Full Auto option. Only used it twice the past year.

Feedback Score
    The FN-15 is apparently discontinued:

https://fnamerica.com/discontinued-products/

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Got to tinker with a standard issue USMC FN M16A4 3-round burst version with ACOG
    Last edited by HMsailor; 10-15-17 at 19:38.