Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Feedback Score

Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Hey guys! I went on some epic hikes in Zion National Park in Utah. This video has footage of Angels Landing, probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. In the video I review the boots my girlfriend and I wore on our hiking vacation in Utah. Lowas aren't cheap, but they performed well and were very comfortable. It's hard finding women's hiking boots that come in wide sizes, but Lowa offers it. We hiked for days and had no issues.

+Gore-Tex, waterproof and breathable
    +wide sizes
    +stability
    +good traction
    +comfortable

-some people mentioned they don't last long. Through my personal experience, if you take care of your gear it'll take care of you. I never leave boots in the car to bake in the hot sun. I clean dirt and mud off them after use because the bud could dry the leather. I pick out the pebbles that get logged in between the lugs on the out sole. Just some real basic stuff and haven't had issues with any quality boots.

Disclaimer: I make videos as a hobby and share them on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Got a pair a few years back based on comments by someone here in a shoe thread. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat. Found them on sale at REI and had a coupon so it was quite a deal.

Feedback Score
    They make quality boots I was looking at a pair of their GTX boots I think they were Low Alpines. Ended up with Basques but Lowa would have worked had the store had my size.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good review! Lowa is one of my favourite boot companies.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lowas are the best boots I’ve ever owned. By far. The renegades are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Got a pair a few years back based on comments by someone here in a shoe thread. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat. Found them on sale at REI and had a coupon so it was quite a deal.
    Good score brother! A buddy of mine bought a pair at REI's Garage site and I think he paid $150 and used his dividend on them.

Quote Originally Posted by City Rat View Post
    They make quality boots I was looking at a pair of their GTX boots I think they were Low Alpines. Ended up with Basques but Lowa would have worked had the store had my size.
    How do you like the Vasques? or are they Basues?

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Good review! Lowa is one of my favourite boot companies.
    Thanks brother! i really appreciate that. I'm with you, Lowas are awesome. My gf lucked out, her first pair of hiking boots are Lowas. She's going to be mad at me when she finds out I told everybody about her concerns about the boot making her feet look big! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Lowas are the best boots I’ve ever owned. By far. The renegades are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing that brother! I'm very happy with them too.

Feedback Score
    World's best boots are made in relatively small area of Bavaria in southern Germany. Lowa is one of the companies located there, the others are Haix, Meindl and Hanwag. All produce very good boots, so you can select the brand that makes boots that have the best fit to your feet. My personal favorite is Haix, with Meindl as close second.

Feedback Score
    It's Vasques, I hate auto correct, lol. I have owned 3 pair of Vasques, the first were a butt ugly pair of Sundowners but fit like gloves and lasted ten years of abuse. Second pair we're a GTX pair, again great fit, lasted 5 years and refused to die until they took me up and down a 19k foot mountain. I grabbed a third pair of knock around Vasques to have as back ups unitl REI gets the Lowa Alpines back in stock in my size. Assuming the Lowas final fit test well, they are coming home.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    World's best boots are made in relatively small area of Bavaria in southern Germany. Lowa is one of the companies located there, the others are Haix, Meindl and Hanwag. All produce very good boots, so you can select the brand that makes boots that have the best fit to your feet. My personal favorite is Haix, with Meindl as close second.
    That's good to know, it's kinda like with Mora knives. I'm going to check out Haix, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by City Rat View Post
    It's Vasques, I hate auto correct, lol. I have owned 3 pair of Vasques, the first were a butt ugly pair of Sundowners but fit like gloves and lasted ten years of abuse. Second pair we're a GTX pair, again great fit, lasted 5 years and refused to die until they took me up and down a 19k foot mountain. I grabbed a third pair of knock around Vasques to have as back ups unitl REI gets the Lowa Alpines back in stock in my size. Assuming the Lowas final fit test well, they are coming home.
    lol Those GTX you had served you well!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Good review. I like the Renegades but I much prefer the Zephyr's over them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast