Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I have a couple pairs of Zephyrs as well. I have only tried on the Renegades at REI, they were nice but my cousin ended up buying the last pair they had. I ordered another pair of Zephyrs from Amazon instead.

Angel's Landing is really nice. I hiked it once in the Summer a few years ago, and liked it so much I decided to stop by Zion on my way to Utah just to hike Angels Landing again. This time was in the winter though, and it was so slippery that we didn't get to make it to the very end. We got about half way through the last segment with the chains (that are bolted to the cliff sides) and drop offs. Our fault, since we didn't have chains.

That segment of switchbacks was a ***** with no chains. I think everyone in the group ate it pretty hard at least twice on that ice.
    Last edited by w3453l; 10-16-17 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice video..That trail looks nuts! Beautiful, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that much exposure. Not a big fan of heights as it turns out.

I haven't tried Renegades, but I'm on my 3rd pair of Zephyr GTXs. They're excellent boots. I wear them all day every day and they've been pretty bomb-proof.
    When these wear out, I'll almost certainly get a 4th pair.

Feedback Score
    Excellent review. What I want to know is who makes that hat you are wearing. Really like the look of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Broko View Post
    Excellent review. What I want to know is who makes that hat you are wearing. Really like the look of it

Hi Broko, thanks brother! The hat is from Outback Trading Company, it's called the Grizzly model. It's really nice, well made good materials.
    Disclaimer: I make videos as a hobby and share them on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a pair of Lowa Tempest low-cut for non-weight bearing hiking. They have taken a beating and are still good to go. I had their predecessor, on which the soles delaminated. I shipped them to Lowa and they send me a box of the new Tempest. They did right by me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    World's best boots are made in relatively small area of Bavaria in southern Germany. Lowa is one of the companies located there, the others are Haix, Meindl and Hanwag. All produce very good boots, so you can select the brand that makes boots that have the best fit to your feet. My personal favorite is Haix, with Meindl as close second.
    I swear by Lowa's. They are just tops. My brother is an Interagency Hotshot (forest fire fighter) and he swears by Meindl's. He switched to them from Lowa because of of Cabela's replacement policy on the Meindls, as those firefighters are hell on boots.

I am constantly recommending these boots to people who complain about whatever boot they are usually buying. Those I manage to convince are all hooked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftdave View Post
    Hi Broko, thanks brother! The hat is from Outback Trading Company, it's called the Grizzly model. It's really nice, well made good materials.
    Thank you, looking for one now. Gotta have one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good call on the Lowa Renegades and nice write-up. I like my Lowa Renegades a lot, definitely I've never had a better quality lightweight hiking boot. Most recently used mine for a lengthy full-day hike in the Mt Baker national forest with my daughter, and they were awesome. Because we live in the Pacific NW and do a lot of hiking in wet conditions, I get the Kiwi Camp Dry heavy duty silicone spray, and coat them good at the beginning of each hiking season. This, plus just common sense maintenance things like cleaning and letting them dry out, have enabled mine to hold up well. Don't see any premature wear after 3 years of use.

Recently I got a pair of Keen Durand mid waterproof hiking boots with my fit benefit $$ from work. Starting to break these in now, they are the potential replacement for the Lowas. I've taken on some lengthy walks and short hikes, and like them so far, but do not have any reason at this point to think they're better than the Lowas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12