Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Shot Timer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Way back when timers first came out, about 1989--I think the first ones were PACTs--I couldn't afford one myself. But running qualifications with a stopwatch and whistle was a pain. I got my agency to buy one and never looked back. Greatest thing since sliced bread. I bought my own Pact LONG ago, and am still using the same one.

I'd say that for any kind of practical shooting a timer is a must, right along with weapon, ammo, and ear pro. Without a timer to monitor you and keep you honest, you just fall back into "target shooting". And God knows it took us long enough to get away from that very thing...
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    I've used a Pocket Pro II for a few years without issue.

Feedback Score
    Shooting with a shot timer made a world of difference for me. The free ones on the phone just don't work right. I use a Club Pact 3

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a lot of experience with the pocket pro and pocket pro 2. Our club has gone back to the original pocket pros due to the PP2 not surviving rainy pistol matches. I personally use the original pocket pro.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice.

I have a Pocket Pro (Original) on the way.

I'll need to choose a couple simple drills to start timing myself with and post up my first results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12