Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster for glocks 19 17 34

Feedback Score
    I rather go with the safariland options. I want more retention than just friction and I feel that the safariland option is very versatile being able to accept different guns and lights.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    6378 and 6354DO are what you need. I prefer my Safariland holsters setup with G-Code RTI mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Wake 110% The Safariland 6378USN has been the best holster I have ever used in my life. Pair it up with an RTI Rotating Tactical Belt mount and you are solid. I seriously can't imagine a better setup. The RTI rotating belt mount does a couple of things. One, it gives you an incredibly strong QD system for swapping out pistols on your war belt, without pulling off pouches and holster and sliding it all back on just to realize you slid it on upside down. (Ok, I'm the only one that does that.) But secondly, it lets you run your holster at a slight cant. For me, this was enough to sell me because I have a really quick draw stroke coming out of my holster when it's slightly canted. I know that it's also muscle memory, but that slight angle gives me an edge.

Here's the 6378USN:

Here's a pic of the RTI rotating tactical belt mount. The belt "loop" has velcro inside to help secure it to you belt.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    A Glock 34/X300 6354DO will 100% retain a 19, 17, or 34 with a WML installed and has enough clearance for a DG switch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    A Glock 34/X300 6354DO will 100% retain a 19, 17, or 34 with a WML installed and has enough clearance for a DG switch.
    Thanks for the info. I picked up an 6378 NSN for my 19, but was quietly wishing that the same holster would accommodate a larger frame. Luckily, QLS forks make the swap very simple.

I'll be grabbing one of these to go with my RTF2 Glock 17, which will be a permanent X300u host (w/ DG switch, once I pick one up), and will likely be used as an RMR host.

Feedback Score
    Fwiw, I have a safarliland als for an m&p with tlr1. It retains both the m&p and a g19 without the light.

I also removed the barrel peg as I run threaded extended barrels and have never had an issue. I wouldn't recommend for duty, not my area- but for running around and tugging, it won't release.

This is the standard als, not the rmr als.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12