Thread: 3-Lug Help needed (Rugged Obsidian)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

3-Lug Help needed (Rugged Obsidian)

Hi guys,

I don't have any experience with 3-Lug but was looking for a quick attachment method for running my Obsidian 45 on a CZ Evo Scorpion and 3 Lug seemed to fit the bill.

I bought the Obsidian 3-lug adapter for my suppressor and bought a Griffin 3-Lug adapter.

Unfortunately, when I try to mount the suppressor onto the 3-lug there isn't enough clearance to get it to engage to the point that I can rotate it and get it to lock up when I push it down onto the 3-lug muzzle device. I push it down as hard as is possible, it gets to a hard stop with the spring compression and I am unable to rotate it at all, so I know that the lip of the suppressor mount is not clearing past the lips on the 3-lug points.

If I remove the spring from the 3-lug adapter on the Obsidian there is ample clearance for engagement.

Is there anything I can with this before I contact Obsidian? I could file or cut the spring to shorten it but that seems like a poor idea since I just got it. Another thing I thought of is to run a gasket on the Obsidian adapter where it mates with the body of the suppressor in order to increase the clearance since then it should work.

The only other thing I can think of is that the Griffin 3-lug mount is out of spec. Seems unlikely but I guess it's possible.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 10-11-17 at 20:39.