Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VG6 Epsilon 556

Feedback Score

VG6 Epsilon 556

Who has one and what do you think of it? I plan on placing one on my 5.56 Faxon Flame Fluted 16" barrel. I wanted something different and look nice on a flame fluted barrel. If you have pictures of yours please share.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    Who has one and what do you think of it? I plan on placing one on my 5.56 Faxon Flame Fluted 16" barrel. I wanted something different and look nice on a flame fluted barrel. If you have pictures of yours please share.
    I've a couple of them, and would recommend. If you're looking for recoil and muzzle rise reduction, these absolutely work. I can't say how they do as flash-hiders, as I've never fired them in low-light conditions. The fit and finish is superb.

Feedback Score
    I have a Gamma 556 and I love it. Can't say enough good about VG6 muzzle devices. They are light, effective, and nice to look at. However, may I suggest something a little different. Since you mentioned wanting something special for that nice barrel, check these out.
    http://tactical-advantage-armory.com...=0&sort=normal

These are no joke. They are made here in Illinois. A friend of mine has the TAA BC23 and I like it better than my Gamma tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They work well, I actually have a second one sitting next to me and I'm debating what to put it on.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They work well, I actually have a second one sitting next to me and I'm debating what to put it on.
    Stick just send it to me then you won't have to debate anymore lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    I have a Gamma 556 and I love it. Can't say enough good about VG6 muzzle devices. They are light, effective, and nice to look at. However, may I suggest something a little different. Since you mentioned wanting something special for that nice barrel, check these out.
    http://tactical-advantage-armory.com...=0&sort=normal

These are no joke. They are made here in Illinois. A friend of mine has the TAA BC23 and I like it better than my Gamma tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, those are awesome.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have both, the Epsilon and the Gamma. The Epsilon is a very good flash hider. I was quite surprised actually. It truly does do both well. That is pretty uncommon in this day and age. I'm a sample size of one, but I like my Epsilon quite a bit, and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I have both, the Epsilon and the Gamma. The Epsilon is a very good flash hider. I was quite surprised actually. It truly does do both well. That is pretty uncommon in this day and age. I'm a sample size of one, but I like my Epsilon quite a bit, and would not hesitate to recommend it.
    Thank you for that information. I can't wait for mine to come in next week and look forward to some low light shooting. How do people react to the concussion?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My go to was a 12.5" since that older thread with an Epsilon and didn't notice the blast from behind the gun, not sure how others felt. It was great until I got a suppressor and then I never shot it again! I will say, with things like a Vltor A5 it was very smooth and flat shooting. Never shot at night though.

Did you see this from a few years ago?
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...vice-shootout/

Note that the Epsilon was installed upside down, so the data is off. If you assume it works similar to the Gamma, then it reduces recoil a lot. If I ever have an unsuppressed setup, a VG6 Epsilon will live out front.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    My go to was a 12.5" since that older thread with an Epsilon and didn't notice the blast from behind the gun, not sure how others felt. It was great until I got a suppressor and then I never shot it again! I will say, with things like a Vltor A5 it was very smooth and flat shooting. Never shot at night though.

Did you see this from a few years ago?
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...vice-shootout/

Note that the Epsilon was installed upside down, so the data is off. If you assume it works similar to the Gamma, then it reduces recoil a lot. If I ever have an unsuppressed setup, a VG6 Epsilon will live out front.
    Thanks for the article read awesome read.
    Last edited by ManOnFire40; 09-17-17 at 18:33. Reason: Because I Can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast