Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Vegas event gets stranger

Feedback Score
    The shooter's information was being scrubbed online after he was already dead. In the weeks that followed, during the press conferences the FBI agent was constantly hovering over the sheriff. A year later saying no motive. Now we find out the girlfriend might be some kind of handler. The whole thing sounds like a plot of a Mathew Bracken novel playing out in real life.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-26-18 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not sure if this story was already posted - but did you know that MGM is affirmatively suing all the claimed victims? You can read the latest here:

https://apnews.com/b8e49785d8474cd08...tices-accepted

MGM is claiming that they are immune from liability because:

The company has cited a 2002 federal law that limits liability when a company or group uses services certified by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. MGM argues that the security vendor for the outdoor venue in Las Vegas was federally certified at the time of the attack.
    Yeah, OK, whatever. I can understand the legal posture here, but the PR situation is "F you" to the 11th power.

I'm not saying that MGM necessarily has or should have liability. The biggest issue is that none of us know what really happened (being John Q. Public, not super-ultra spook types who get the NSA equivalent of a Bloomberg terminal). If the mainstream version is actually accurate, I think MGM could have liability for looking the other way when a shady regular did some exceptionally shady stuff. However, I doubt that the mainstream version is at all accurate, and if reality was state-sponsored terrorism, as I suspect, then it seems less likely MGM should have liability.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849