Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas event gets stranger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Been attending the great American beer festival for 17 years now and this was the first year metal detectors were used prior to entry. It was justified in response to the vegas shooting.
    Not saying that this is why this is all happened, but the increased use of metal detectors and other imaging devices I see as a way to try to curb concealed carry. Try to make more and more places off-limits to conceal carry.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I don't think this guy was an islam convert, more like a FBI/BATFE CI. The feds probably popped him on some tax stuff or coming back from a sex tourism holiday in the islands and gave him a choice of either being a stooge or going to club fed for a long time, at his age probably the rest of his life. The FBI and CIA have a history of using such people caught in such circumstances to do their bidding. Check out the rabbit hole that is Bob Fletcher, nothing to do with the 1 October attack but it shows how the government recruits unsuspecting Americans who have international business connections to assist in "national security" interests.

As for the guns left behind, if this was a sting to catch an ISIS sleeper cell acquiring small arms for a Mumbai / Nairobi style attack on the strip and they caught wind to the fact their arms dealer was in fact a CI they could have popped him, carried out an easy attack on site considering the venue, and walked out during the chaos. Small arms are disposable for such actors so no need to lug them out in public and catch the heat. Live to martyr another day and all that.
    The first plausible conspiracy theory I've read.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I mostly buy the FBI gun runner deal gone wrong plot I'm stuck on one point.

Loading all those mags. That's not a short job. He had plenty of time to do it sitting around in his room, but how long would it have taken another person or a couple people to load over 1000 rounds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Not saying that this is why this is all happened, but the increased use of metal detectors and other imaging devices I see as a way to try to curb concealed carry. Try to make more and more places off-limits to conceal carry.
    This, and does nothing to stop someone from [insert any scenario that has happened in the last 5 years here].

It prevents lawful CC, and may prevent gang stuff or fights, but not terrorism.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Vegas event gets stranger

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    While I mostly buy the FBI gun runner deal gone wrong plot I'm stuck on one point.

Loading all those mags. That's not a short job. He had plenty of time to do it sitting around in his room, but how long would it have taken another person or a couple people to load over 1000 rounds?
    Not long at all. A few hours at most. SF magazines with stripper clips would be pretty quick.

https://youtu.be/So_OEDJpvXI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-24-17 at 21:13.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Think about the last carbine training class you took. You could go through 500rds a day easy. How long did it take you to load up mags between drills? I'd say that a 30 round mag takes less than a minute to load. That's about 3 minutes for 90 rounds. So 30 or so minutes for 1,000 rounds.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I sat and loaded a couple thousand in two Bonanzas a while back. Did they find a Maglula in the room?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So why would he wait til he was inside his room to load them?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    So why would he wait til he was inside his room to load them?
    If he was a lone actor, or actually a participant in the shooting I would think he loaded ahead of time.

If he was selling guns? Idk I wouldn't have that much loaded mags around. I'd have ammo in cases and mags packaged with guns and as separate accessories.

As to the loading of mags by others in the room. I think here most important is mhen he died vs when the shooting started. They would have the time between offing him and opening fire to load mags.

At carbine classes I feel as though you spend all day losing mags. I guess realistically you could hustle and manage a round a second to include unpackaging and what not.

Honestly my opinion at this point was this was a false flag event of sorts. In that he was a lone wolf with an anti gun agenda. He thought an act like this would cause legislation. He acted on that and sacrificed himself for the cause. The gun running thing is second place for me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Who says his buyers didn't bring their own mags? Or request seller provide X number of rounds loaded into 100 round Surefire mags?

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast