Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, I went into Sportsman Warehouse and....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

So, I went into Sportsman Warehouse and....

I walked up to the counter and asked the most ridiculous question. "hey buddy you have any H4350". He laughed and said I just got 5 lbs in yesterday but one sold. I have not seen that in many months he replied. OK, I'll take 4 lbs thank you. We laughed about how crazy the 6.5 creed makes H4350 gone. So then I said, while Im on a roll, why don't you hand over your Federal match primers GM210M. He busted out laughing and reached under the counter and handed me 2,000.

Moral of the story, it seems Hodgens released a few lbs to the general public, so if you need some for you 338WM (not 6.5CM) be on the lookout.

Off to buy a lottery ticket!

PB out
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need that powder for my 6.5 build!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought you wanted it for your new 6.8SPCIII just released.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've wondered if the Creedmoor was the reason behind the shortage. I was told that no H4350 would be available for the foreseeable future, then just happened to see a 8-lb jug on the top shelf the other day. Still looking for those match primers, though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Still looking for those match primers, though.
    210m? You would want to slap Pappabear if you saw how many thousands of 210m primers he's hoarded in the last month.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've wondered if the Creedmoor was the reason behind the shortage. I was told that no H4350 would be available for the foreseeable future, then just happened to see a 8-lb jug on the top shelf the other day. Still looking for those match primers, though.
    The warm that flows to your heart when you see that 8lb jug sitting there is just special. I gotta feeling the guy bogarted some H4350 to share the love, but I couldn't hate him for it. He did pony up 4 so whatever. Ive always wondered how much better the match primers are vs regular 210's. I have no hard evidence to support one or the other. They are a Gold Standard of their own.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-13-17 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Agree with that PB.
    The 210M are my go to for precision/hunt ammo.

Feedback Score
    I recently found an 8 lb jug on the shelf at the local shop for tax holiday weekend, which offset what shipping would have been. Another local shop has 20 or so single pounders but mixed lots.

I've been using H4350 for many years, and you Johnny-come-lately guys and your 6.5 Creeds have ruined it for me! My .260s and 6.5x47 rifles have loved it for years. I'm actually wanting to get into a 6mm for the 2018 season but I don't want to build a new rifle unless I have enough powder to wear out the barrel in the same lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The warm that flows to your heart when you see that 8lb jug sitting there is just special. I gotta feeling the guy bogarted some H4350 to share the love, but I couldn't hate him for it. He did pony up 4 so whatever. Ive always wondered how much better the match primers are vs regular 210's. I have no hard evidence to support one or the other. They are a Gold Standard of their own.

PB
    I’ve usually had better results with Federal match vs Federal standard primers but it’s very close and really an individual gun’s decision.

As an aside, has any of you tried the AR Match line? Are you getting the same results as regular 205M? I have a a 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor/Lapua brass in which I’m running low on primers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    As an aside, has any of you tried the AR Match line?
    I think we have a few hundred of those. But none loaded yet. Our go to primer in small rifle is definitely the Wolf/Tula.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast