Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR presentation speed is faster than with iron sights v. The internet is wrong

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    So I'm guessing your gen5 will be going to Doug?
    My gen4 is going next month. I'm looking forward to doing a comparison-haven't shot an rmr pistol yet.
    By many accounts L&M is well regarded also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I theorize that if you actually use the sights when you shoot with irons, then when you present your pistol to the target the dot ends up being right above them anyway and having the red dot on the target eliminates the need for sight alignment and - boom. Shot on target. If this is incorrect, someone please chime in with your thoughts.

You eliminate the sight alignment and you eliminate visual focus shift from target to front sight so you get some speed advantage. On the other hand, you become very dependent on indexing in your presentation with RDS. How you choose your testing and how you do it may affect your outcomes.

Feedback Score
    The RMR (and dot sights in general) get faster the more you use them. I have a problem going from RMR to my match gun with red FO front sight. I forget to center it in the rear notch because I see red dot and shoot.

Feedback Score
    Good shooting Euro. It looks like you're using a revolver grip on the gun. Is that by design?
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My experience shooting steel in the carry optics and limited divisions:

FO iron front is faster FOR ME up to a certain range. AFTER that range, red dot all day. It's point and click at 50 yards with an RMR.

That being said, I have less than 2k rounds down range with an RMR pistol.

Feedback Score
    I've daily carried an RMR equipped handgun for two years. My observation is as follows:

I'm faster to get the first shot on target with fiber optics than the RDS at 15 yards and under.

I'm faster to get an A-zone with the RDS from ten yards and out.

My accuracy and speed are not as good with FOs from greater than 15 yards.

I cannot shoot FO well beyond 25.

The RDS made me a better shooter with irons.

I live in a hot, humid environment. Most of the myths about the RMR are just that. It does not fog if treated with catcrap. It is not fragile. It doesn't scratch easily. The LED does not get occluded easily. Rain does not stick to the window. Batteries do not wear out quickly (I'm on my second one, my third will be installed next month...decided to change them on my birthday regardless of life) It does not flicker when properly installed. The weight doesn't make your gun malfunction.

The RMR is great to rack from; better than ledge sights. It improves both SPEED and accuracy. I stared to realize the benefit before any live-fire. Just about 200-300 reps had my mechanics down. Though I'm a little rusty, my holster to A-zones were about 0.98ish at ten where my FO would take me more like 1.48ish before I was confident enough to press the trigger.

The key is trusting the dot and getting your mechanics down. Though I've slacked off on handgun shooting the past six months, I've got over ten thousand rounds through the RDS and I'm now trying to decide if I want to put one on my G34 or if I want one on my backup CCW first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    I've daily carried an RMR equipped handgun for two years. My observation is as follows:

I'm faster to get the first shot on target with fiber optics than the RDS at 15 yards and under.

I live in a hot, humid environment. Most of the myths about the RMR are just that. It does not fog if treated with catcrap. It is not fragile. It doesn't scratch easily. The LED does not get occluded easily. Rain does not stick to the window. Batteries do not wear out quickly (I'm on my second one, my third will be installed next month...decided to change them on my birthday regardless of life) It does not flicker when properly installed. The weight doesn't make your gun malfunction.

The RMR is great to rack from; better than ledge sights. It improves both SPEED and accuracy. I stared to realize the benefit before any live-fire. Just about 200-300 reps had my mechanics down. Though I'm a little rusty, my holster to A-zones were about 0.98ish at ten where my FO would take me more like 1.48ish before I was confident enough to press the trigger.

The key is trusting the dot and getting your mechanics down. Though I've slacked off on handgun shooting the past six months, I've got over ten thousand rounds through the RDS and I'm now trying to decide if I want to put one on my G34 or if I want one on my backup CCW first.

you make me want to take the plunge and RMR2 my new G19.5 .......

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post

This is a great post.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I recently put together a Glock 17 RMR project, and it's my first foray into RDS on handguns. I didn't anticipate the learning curve to be so high. I won't carry it or use it for HD until I am 100% comfortable and know for a fact what it's going to do every time. I'm not even confident on my zero with it right now.

I have several thousand rounds down range using irons (not as many as most here), and only the last few months have I truly "Got it" and am able to focus properly with them (The irons). All it took was more trigger time. I know the same will be true with the RMR as well, but I am just not there yet. I really love posts like this.

Euro is doing the Lord's work on converting me into only a Glock 19 and Colt 6920 owner, I already have two G19's I guess I just need that damn Colt.....

But thanks again Euro.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to see the RMR G19 become more widespread. Everybody like to post sexy photos of their chest rig and AR with nice optics, and then they have an iron-sighted G19 with one spare mag kind of hanging out in the shadows like the ugly kid nobody wants to be friends with.

It would be cool if every gun guy out and about had a concealed RMR G19 AIWB and was switched-on ready-to-go with it like they are with a carbine.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast