Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: RMR presentation speed is faster than with iron sights v. The internet is wrong

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I know when I was in my last Hackathorn class (~2 years ago) he was completely open to the idea of red dots on pistols. He said, however, that until someone shrank the Aimpoint down to a smaller package or the RMR types figured out how to deal with rain they were hobby only. I have zero idea if this has been addressed in the meantime.

I got turned off to them when my RMR on my FNX started fritizing out and the one on my friend’s did the same thing (which is funny because I told him his wasn’t mounted properly, needed to use proper torque settings, etc. Then about a week later bam!). I sent it back to Trijicon and they fixed it. By then I wasn’t interested and just put the thing on my VCOG on my Scar.

I agree, I am pretty sure most if not all of those mentioned above are pretty opened minded on things and have probably at least tried an RMR sighted pistol.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-20-17 at 02:14.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Has anyone had failures with new rmr 2?

I really dug the deltapoint pro but from what I have heard anyone with extensive use with them hated battery life or had failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I agree, I am pretty sure most if not all of those mentioned above are pretty opened minded on things and have probably at least tried them.
    Many of them have indeed tried. Their attitude to the pistol is largely based on their service experiences where it is a sidearm/secondary arm. It is a last safety, a secondary parachute. Doesn't have to be fancy, has to be 100% reliable. Until RDS meet the durability and reliability of irons, they are unlikely be accepted on pistols by folks with a real service experience. Langdon quotes someone in the industry who he knows spending a lot of time behind the dot from professional standpoint, and the rec is Aimpoint Micro. I have it on my Atom slide, and the thing is slow as constipation in my B class hands. Window is too small, and GJM already mentioned how small windowed optics including RMR do when compared to larger window optics. My hope is that I live long enough to see a closed emitter RDS with AP durability and DP window size.
    Last edited by YVK; 11-19-17 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I found the opposit to be true. Sort of. I am slower out of the holster wth an RMR than I am with irons on the first shot, but follow up shots are a lot faster. I attribute this to practice since I just started shootings a handgun with an RDs this summer.

For some reason I have a harder time acquiring the dot when I present the gun from the holder than I do aligning the irons. However once I acquire it I find that I can track it through recoil a lot better than irons and shoot much faster.

I think I just need more practice but only one public range in NJ will allow me to draw from a holster. This state sucks.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I found the opposit to be true. Sort of. I am slower out of the holster wth an RMR than I am with irons on the first shot, but follow up shots are a lot faster. I attribute this to practice since I just started shootings a handgun with an RDs this summer.

For some reason I have a harder time acquiring the dot when I present the gun from the holder than I do aligning the irons. However once I acquire it I find that I can track it through recoil a lot better than irons and shoot much faster.

I think I just need more practice but only one public range in NJ will allow me to draw from a holster. This state sucks.
    I know how that feels. Only one range in the Chicagoland area allows drawing from a holster... and even then, they only allow it one night a week and OWB strong side only.
    I can still practice indexing from high compressed at the range, but that's only half the battle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

A good individual safety protocol and dry-drills from the holster to first dry snap.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    A good individual safety protocol and dry-drills from the holster to first dry snap.
    That's what I do. Have a B8 taped to the inside of my closet door.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I know when I was in my last Hackathorn class (~2 years ago) he was completely open to the idea of red dots on pistols. He said, however, that until someone shrank the Aimpoint down to a smaller package or the RMR types figured out how to deal with rain they were hobby only. I have zero idea if this has been addressed in the meantime.

I got turned off to them when my RMR on my FNX started fritizing out and the one on my friend’s did the same thing (which is funny because I told him his wasn’t mounted properly, needed to use proper torque settings, etc. Then about a week later bam!). I sent it back to Trijicon and they fixed it. By then I wasn’t interested and just put the thing on my VCOG on my Scar.
    I've had mine do the whole flicker during recoil then just straight up turn on and off. It turns out one screw was coming loose since I didn't loctite it enough. On the bright side, I have heard one story of a guy breaking a Type 1 RMR and getting a Type 2 back when he sent it to Trijicon. I'm hoping this is true and I will find out once I break my Type 1.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have been shooting Open division with a red dot for 8 years or so and have shot Carry optics for the last year. Irons are faster in close dirty stages no way around that no matter how familiar you get.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had another DP Pro go Tango Uniform this weekend. Turned on, as I walked around during a USPSA match the dot would go off, and not wake up when I drew the pistol from my holster in the safe area. Once, it blinked out during a stage, and I fired a shot with no dot, which woke it up. Back to Leupold it goes

The Pro holds zero but that is about all the good I can say about them.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast