Thread: What does anyone do for stock pack on A2 Rifle Stock?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What does anyone do for stock pack on A2 Rifle Stock?

I'm making a SPR'ish rifle and decided to use the A2 Rifle stock. which is nice. except that I have a 50mm scope in medium rings which gives me a floating cheek rest...

I immediately thought of using a Stock Pack (or similar) until I contacted Triad Tactical and they told me I might have clearance problems with the charging handle. sure enough, I need 6 3/4" from the butt of the A2 stock. the TT stock [pack is 7" long.

any ideas?...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Bradley Cheek Rest makes one that may be what your after. I used bradleys on my bolt guns. Work well.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Bradley Cheek Rest makes one that may be what your after. I used bradleys on my bolt guns. Work well.
    thank you, that looks like a pretty nice solution but a little out of my budget. I'll look a little further and maybe I won't have to resort to glued on mouse pads...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Closed cell foam and duct tape
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Check out Karsten cheek welds, I use them for Bolt guns and could be good, but understand the charging handle situation when setting u.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Back in the day I used a piece of USGI sleeping pad and OD 100 MPH tape. Then cut out a channel for the charging handle with a box cutter. It worked great and didn't look bad. I've found over the years that the perfect looking precision rifles don't get shot much. Precision shooters are always tinkering and concerned with results only.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Back in the day I used a piece of USGI sleeping pad and OD 100 MPH tape. Then cut out a channel for the charging handle with a box cutter. It worked great and didn't look bad. I've found over the years that the perfect looking precision rifles don't get shot much. Precision shooters are always tinkering and concerned with results only.
    I did the exact same thing on my last agency's DM rifle when going through their DM school. $4000 gas gun, $3500 optic and some sleeping pad and tape to bolster up my cheek weld. Worked like a dream.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current