Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR in FDE

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

BCM KMR in FDE

Has anyone else seen these: https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...10-556-fde.htm. Hopefully they do the MCMR's in FDE.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Has anyone else seen these: https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...10-556-fde.htm. Hopefully they do the MCMR's in FDE.

I have a complete BCM in FDE with the longer KMR rail. It is nice.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Stick, is there any chance we will see the new rails with this color option? I would really like a 15" MCMR in FDE for my SPR.
    Last edited by drtywk; 10-14-17 at 19:08.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Stick, is there any chance we will see the new rails with this color option? I would really like a 15" MCMR in FDE for my SPR.
    I would think there is a chance, but that is just a guess on my part.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I just don't get the fascination with FDE. ODG just works better than FDE east of the Mississippi as it does west.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I just don't get the fascination with FDE. ODG just works better than FDE east of the Mississippi as it does west.

I don't completely disagree with you but.. If I had to hide in your firewood I would rather rather have FDE.
    Last edited by GH41; 10-15-17 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I don't completely with you but.. If I had to hide in your firewood I would rather rather have FDE.
    Another one of my older carbines painted in OD which does way better blending into mundane backgrounds and surrounding than FDE can. BTW...both of my rifles are painted in the exact same color: 978A Aervoe Olive Drab (34087).

Last edited by Creature; 10-15-17 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    OD and FDE are both decent enough colors, I like the tan colors better just due to personal preference.

I have one South Texas brush country camo shirt that I haven't worn in over a year, so blending in is not something try to do much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FDE is great if you live anywhere it gets hot during the summer. My FDE holsters, pistol frames/slides stay much cooler when sitting in the sun than my black stuff.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Not everywhere. Lots of the midwest has relatively thin, brown forests and lots of grasslands that aren't really ODG. And in my area plants only have green vegetation for about 5 months of the year, the rest of the year is brown or snow. I suppose you could have three rifles to cover the three colors, or re-paint your rifle four times a year (brown is both fall and spring), but various shades of tan work well enough year round even if not perfectly ideal at any one time.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    FDE is great if you live anywhere it gets hot during the summer. My FDE holsters, pistol frames/slides stay much cooler when sitting in the sun than my black stuff.
    This too. A day in the summer sun at a rifle match will make this obvious, even in relatively mild climates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast