Thread: Spikes upper, and barrel alignment question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Spikes upper, and barrel alignment question

Hi all
    So my first build is nearly complete just waiting on my sights and a forend pistol grip. I got the 12” BAR2 complete upper. With the upper and lower attached I notice that it isn’t a totally snug fit as it does rattle slightly and there is some space that you can see in the light where the ends meet. Anyone have this? I had this on my MP15 I sold but my LE6920 is a real nice tight fit with 0 rattle.
    Last edited by Krp7894; 10-14-17 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This subject has been kicked to death, here is a recent thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...r-lower-wobble

Bottom line, it don't matter.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Understandable, thank you. The one thing that really bothers me is it seems the barrel is misaligned. The barrel is turned a tad bit more going clockwise and doesn’t line up perfectly with the hand guard and the gas block and tube also don’t line up fully with the barrel. On the inside the feed ramps are also off a little as well. I emailed spikes so I expect to hear back Monday.
    Attachment 47999

Attachment 48000

Is this a problem? I almost prefer to send it to them for an adjustment but I purchased it from Joe Bobs.

Update: Spikes emailed me back said the upper is out of spec and shouldn’t have left the factory. They’re sending me a UPS label for return shipping for a new upper.
    Last edited by Krp7894; 10-16-17 at 09:28.