Thread: Walther Creed

Feedback Score

Walther Creed

I've seen this particular handgun as low as $270 these days, but it seems to be getting positive reviews. In fact, it's even cheaper than Remington's widely panned RP9 in many (most?) sites that I've checked out.

This is billed as an "entry level/budget" 9mm, but how is Walther managing such a low price point for a handgun made in Germany?

Feedback Score
    I've not shot one, but I remember much of the initial reviews, and it seemed to be a redesigned PPX. I have shot the PPX, a DAO hammer fired gun, in both 9MM and .40. The PPX was a big, bulky, kinda goofy looking gun, but the trigger was actually quite nice and the ergonomics were very good as far as actual shooting went (which is really the most important thing, right?). They were relatively inexpensive, and my friend who owns them swears by them for the range and home defense. He has shot a couple thousand rounds through each without failures.

If the Creed shoots as well as the PPX without the big, bulky slide, that would be a plus. Seems to in this review...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ed-9mm-pistol/

Sorry I am not much help...
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 10-14-17 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    I have a PPX and like it a lot. The consensus seem to be "decent gun but just too damn bulky".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It actually looks like a really good gun. It is A PPX generation two and provides a constant and very good trigger like a striker fired weapon, but is a hammer gun. However, it is not truly double action but a precooked hammer. There is no second-strike capability. It seems to be accurate and reliable by most all reports. On the Walter forums I do not see any reports of separation of Barrel parts like some had on the PPX . Some hammer it because of it’s very low price point on the market, and because of the three-piece barrel. But, it may be a real Innovation and seems to shoot very well. It may be one of the real deals for car guns.
    Last edited by m4brian; 10-17-17 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    The only real issue I've heard with the PPX is a loose feed ramp in some guns.

Feedback Score
    I've shot it on SHOT Show. I was actually very (I mean VERY) surprised how well it shoots. Thanks to "LEM style" trigger (pre-cocked, hammer fired DAO) I was able to consistently ding small metal plate with rapid fire on 10 yards (I think it was 10). Wouldn't dump any of my HKs for it anytime soon, but it made good impression (also they looked to work flawless on Range Day, but can't comment on durability). For sure it is a huge improvement over PPX.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com