Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The It Scouts, er The They Scouts ?

Feedback Score

The It Scouts, er The They Scouts ?

Maybe just ‘The Scouts of America’. Or does that imply some sort of hidden racism too, somehow.

I lack words to describe how I feel about these Progressives.

Disgusting just doesn’t even come close.

Liberal / feminist thinking shouldn’t, but does, continue to baffle me. No words.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Them scouts.

Feedback Score
    The “Who gets kicked out after the first overnight camp out” Scouts.

Pinewood derby is going to me a mess with all the bad drivers...

I thought girls were allowed already, or is that the level past Boy Scouts? Pioneers or something?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Maybe just ‘The Scouts of America’. Or does that imply some sort of hidden racism too, somehow.

I lack words to describe how I feel about these Progressives.

Disgusting just doesn’t even come close.

Liberal / feminist thinking shouldn’t, but does, continue to baffle me. No words.
    If anything, they could have just merged. Otherwise, stupid and confusing to little minds.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So when are the lawsuits going to be filed for all the boys that want to join the Girl Scouts? Why does the GSA get to exclude boys based on their sex?

Anyone have a son or grandson in Trail Life USA? They appear to have formed from parents who splintered from the BSA after they went full retard with homos and trannies. We're looking at Trail Life for when our son is of age.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    So when are the lawsuits going to be filed for all the boys that want to join the Girl Scouts? Why does the GSA get to exclude boys based on their sex?

Anyone have a son or grandson in Trail Life USA? They appear to have formed from parents who splintered from the BSA after they went full retard with homos and trannies. We're looking at Trail Life for when our son is of age.
    We have moved to trail life and have enjoyed it so far.

The funny part is I have had lots of conversations with many people on this issue since the news broke. They say blah blah but just don't get it. They opened the membership to girls because their membership was way down which means their income is way down. Their membership is way down because they all left when they made decisions to leave their values behind a few years ago. So now they are leaving further from their values. Which will most likely cause another drop in membership. Some of the people I've talked to about this say well what do you want them to do.....Uh how about reverse the decisions that caused members to leave in the first place and create bi-laws to prevent it from happening again and people might come back. Back when that happened most of the troops and membership were against the decision and sent their councils to vote against it, but once the council got to the meeting, they voted against their constituents desires. Sounds similar to Washington huh. They found out that big donors and such would pull funding. However, by chasing the dollar with that decision, they lost many member which in turn has hit their pocket book worse, which is a downward spiral. Few Big money donors are going to donate to an organization who once had X members and now only has Z members due to poor decisions. It's a cost benefit analysis. Much like advertisements pulling from NFL due to lack of exposure for their dollar spent.

Girls could already join a section of BSA called the venture Scouts. There was no reason to change the " Boy" Scouts.

Some girls scout leaders are happy stating that their troop can now join an org that isn't a joke.....yours is a joke because of the leadership not because of the org's design. Many BSA troops are a joke because of poor scoutmaster leadership. If anything the girls scouts and Boy Scouts could have stayed separate entities but merged under the BSA conglomerate and had some people restructure the GSA to have better programs to mimic the BSA Eagle scout value.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

My son went through Cub Scouts from Tiger through Webelos and I was a leader in the den. Then the BSA decided to drop "morally straight" from its code and follow "LGBT compliance" instead so we left and did not continue on into Boy Scouts. I even wrote several letters to the BSA to tell them why we left. That being said I have looked into Trail Life but unfortunately at this time there is no organized troop close to where we live.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Internationally, the "boy" scouts are co-ed in most countries. If you've ever been to a world jamboree there are a lot of girls present. I imagine there's some external pressure leading into the 2019 world jamboree since it's in WV.

I'm not stating an opinion of whether this is a good decision or not, but I am an eagle scout, and this whole affair strikes me as a money grab since membership levels have dropped significantly in recent years.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    It's all well and good up until they do "Boy Scout Cookies"...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    "Scouting", it's not that hard.

BSA screwed up, bigly. GSA who has totally focused on not being the BSA or anything similar. And will fight the inclusion of anything but girls.

Beyonce should have just keep calm scouting,, but keep everything else about the program the same. They already have rules and processes to do so with venture crew.

Hey put up neatly sidestepped the whole issue. But they gave into lbgt issue groups, and alienated a core part of their membership and hosting orgs. By giving into focus groups and a handful of corporate sponsors. Lbgt groups for using legal pressure to exclude Boy Scouts as a charitable organization and of any use of federal state or similar facilities.

I actually didn't have a problem with gay boy scout leaders, because two-deep leadership and other youth protection rules basically made it very very hard for there to ever be an issue. Even if I don't agree with their lifestyle personally.

I do however have a very large problem with a 17 year old gay male being allowed to be in a tent with an 11 year old straight male, in a position of authority. This was a problem in the 70s and early 80s, and it's going to be a problem again.

We don't let male high school football player shower with female cheerleaders for good reason. Why would we allow or even Force same-sex attraction to shower together?

Luckily my boys came through scouting before this occurred, and due to having a very traditional group, developed a very strong leadership skills that is paying off even now. My daughter benefited from venture crew, but also some from Girl Scouts. Their scouting experience was not perfect, but it was better than any similar program or alternative that I've seen or they experienced including sports or church youth groups.

So I have to defend scouting prior to this decision. When they made this decision against the clear feedback from their membership, they screwed up.

California groups and the official Mormon Scout groups supported the BSA move. Pretty much all the others did not. The Mormon groups largely do their own thing, they have not changed their position on gay individual significantly, though they are publicly more tolerant.

Meanwhile I've seen multiple local Boy Scout Troops dropped to a third of their size within a year of this change being made. And it appears to be a permanent trend. Institutions that had sponsored Scout Troops for over 50 years had to discontinue their support.

This is not anti LGBT position, it's a core youth protection issue. It will never be allowed to be discussed as so, and it will always be portrayed as being bigoted, which is a big lie. You would not let 17 year old males shower with the same age or younger (11-17) females. Why would you let 17 year old males who are attracted to other males their age shower together? Or Worse slightly younger and subordinate in power hierarchy?

This pressure on BSA was intended to kill them as they still were protecting traditional Family Values, patriotism, ethics, and morals. There was no path forward for them other than to go completely coed. They still would have lost some, but you wouldn't have lost your hosting sponsor organizations.

I don't wish BSA or local Scout Troops ill will, I still try to help them. But I refuse to support BSA because they made it very clear that my support, opinion, and dollars did not matter. Along with thousands of others like myself.

I do have several friends who have stopped all involvement except for enabling range work by being NRA and BSA certified to run ranges at camps to make sure that kids had access to Shooting Sports. It's getting harder and harder to do so due to insurance reasons and there is often a shortage of instructors and certified Personnel. I may re-enter at some point through that path but it will only be for that particular area. And I still have a problem giving BSA annual dollars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast