Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The It Scouts, er The They Scouts ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm still holding a grudge over that $15 bag of popcorn those with which those dudes nailed me in front of the grocery store a last year.
    Last edited by markm; 10-14-17 at 14:42.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Mormons also announced their pending withdrawal from BSA. They'll be starting their own program. Pretty sure their dues will be sorely missed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was in boy scouts as a kid. My wife is a girl scouts troop leader.

I dont see why the girls can't just join the girl scouts. Im really not seeing much of a difference between the two organizations. My wife has them making first aide kits, they have camping trips, they learn about science, they teach the girls history, they teach morals, etc... It's really not far off from what I did back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

This pressure on BSA was intended to kill them as they still were protecting traditional Family Values, patriotism, ethics, and morals. There was no path forward for them other than to go completely coed. They still would have lost some, but you wouldn't have lost your hosting sponsor organizations.
    I completely agree. The leftist have completely infiltrated our schools and universities with their dogma and indoctrination. The BSA was one of the last bastions of Judeo-Christian values and genuine patriotism where self (not government) reliance was still taught. So, the leftists had to find a way to destroy the BSA. It has nothing to do with Billy's two mommys feeling uncomfortable at a troop meeting.
    Last edited by flenna; 10-14-17 at 14:09.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I was in boy scouts as a kid. My wife is a girl scouts troop leader.

I dont see why the girls can't just join the girl scouts. Im really not seeing much of a difference between the two organizations. My wife has them making first aide kits, they have camping trips, they learn about science, they teach the girls history, they teach morals, etc... It's really not far off from what I did back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    Your wife is doing an awesome job! However, the Girl Scouts as a whole has been liberalized into a shell of what it once was. Religion is not a requirement, and the Girl Scouts don't place as much importance on leadership roles for the kids. This is evident in the size of troops between the two organizations, and how scout masters for BSA tend to hold the position for decades while a troop leader for the Girl Scouts is normally a parent, and the troop dies out once their child turns 18. It's an entirely different structure and emphasis.

I've had a lot of experience with both organizations: My mom ran my sister's troop, my sister worked for the Girl Scouts of Hawaii for over a decade, and was eventually a director, and my father is still involved with the Laurel Highlands Council in western PA. If you got your Eagle around Pittsburgh in the last 15 or so years, my father probably organized your board of review and sat in on it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Your wife is doing an awesome job! However, the Girl Scouts as a whole has been liberalized into a shell of what it once was. Religion is not a requirement, and the Girl Scouts don't place as much importance on leadership roles for the kids. This is evident in the size of troops between the two organizations, and how scout masters for BSA tend to hold the position for decades while a troop leader for the Girl Scouts is normally a parent, and the troop dies out once their child turns 18. It's an entirely different structure and emphasis.

I've had a lot of experience with both organizations: My mom ran my sister's troop, my sister worked for the Girl Scouts of Hawaii for over a decade, and was eventually a director, and my father is still involved with the Laurel Highlands Council in western PA. If you got your Eagle around Pittsburgh in the last 15 or so years, my father probably organized your board of review and sat in on it.
    Ahhh I see. Yeah you are right.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There was a time in this country when the only girls allowed in certain places were selling cigarettes, dancing, or maybe checking coats.

Not trying to be sexist but let boys become men. Men bust balls, pick fights, curse, spit, smoke, drink, and tell lies about women.

Just give us some space.

I dont bust into random Coutillion halls blasting Van Halen, challenging folks to arm wrestle, and wanting to discuss guns, knives, and how The Man is holding me down.

Girl Scouts can get they tomboy on. Gaaaaawd females just give us the absence to ponder why we like you.

For years it was a rite of passage for boys to be in the woods with ruck, knife, and rifle. To speak of lore. To test ones mettle. To piss everywhere. To form hierarchies and team building.

Quit Yoko Onoing our shit. Not every dude is lime your gay best friend who says "Hey biiitch, lets watch Will and Grace and sip wine. GIRL TALK!"

No. That is NOT okay!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    America is falling the **** apart. We are witnessing the death of this Republic.

Feedback Score
    I propose BAGS (Boy And Girl Scouts).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Maybe just ‘The Scouts of America’. Or does that imply some sort of hidden racism too, somehow.

I lack words to describe how I feel about these Progressives.

Disgusting just doesn’t even come close.

Liberal / feminist thinking shouldn’t, but does, continue to baffle me. No words.
    Hey ease up on the LGBTQ pronouns!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast