Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The It Scouts, er The They Scouts ?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Hey ease up on the LGBTQ pronouns!
    Use the wrong pronoun in California and you can do some jail time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/19...ay-punish.html
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Use the wrong pronoun in California and you can do some jail time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/19...ay-punish.html
    If that steaming POS of a bill passes, it'll be struck down in court. Thank god for the 1st amendment. I did hear that they passed some shit like that up in Canada though. Crazy, crazy world we live in.

Edited to add:

Just looked it up to see that it did pass. It's unreal that bills like this are passing in the US, however, being California it doesn't really suprise me. That bill only applies to medical workers, but next time I'm sure they'll go for one that says anybody who doesn't use the right pronouns can go to jail. It's blatantly against the constitution. This is the left shooting themselves in the foot. Americans won't stand for being told what we can or cannot say. Stuff like this is why the left lost so badly in 2016, people are getting sick of it. They might hold on to the land of fruits and nuts, but they're going to continue to lose everywhere else.
    Last edited by kirkland; 10-14-17 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    We have moved to trail life and have enjoyed it so far.

The funny part is I have had lots of conversations with many people on this issue since the news broke. They say blah blah but just don't get it. They opened the membership to girls because their membership was way down which means their income is way down. Their membership is way down because they all left when they made decisions to leave their values behind a few years ago. So now they are leaving further from their values. Which will most likely cause another drop in membership. Some of the people I've talked to about this say well what do you want them to do.....Uh how about reverse the decisions that caused members to leave in the first place and create bi-laws to prevent it from happening again and people might come back. Back when that happened most of the troops and membership were against the decision and sent their councils to vote against it, but once the council got to the meeting, they voted against their constituents desires. Sounds similar to Washington huh. They found out that big donors and such would pull funding. However, by chasing the dollar with that decision, they lost many member which in turn has hit their pocket book worse, which is a downward spiral. Few Big money donors are going to donate to an organization who once had X members and now only has Z members due to poor decisions. It's a cost benefit analysis. Much like advertisements pulling from NFL due to lack of exposure for their dollar spent.

Girls could already join a section of BSA called the venture Scouts. There was no reason to change the " Boy" Scouts.

Some girls scout leaders are happy stating that their troop can now join an org that isn't a joke.....yours is a joke because of the leadership not because of the org's design. Many BSA troops are a joke because of poor scoutmaster leadership. If anything the girls scouts and Boy Scouts could have stayed separate entities but merged under the BSA conglomerate and had some people restructure the GSA to have better programs to mimic the BSA Eagle scout value.
    Good to hear about Trail Life, I have not looked into if they have a chapter local to us or not.

Agree with the rest of you post, spot on.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The “Who gets kicked out after the first overnight camp out” Scouts.

Pinewood derby is going to me a mess with all the bad drivers...

I thought girls were allowed already, or is that the level past Boy Scouts? Pioneers or something?
    At 13 there is Venturing which is co ed. They wear green uniform shirts. I see this as a good thing. My son earned Eagle last year. He has two little sisters who tried Girl Scouts and it sucked. I’m looking forward to Scouting with my son and daughters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

The It Scouts, er The They Scouts ?

Cub Scout Dens will start accepting girls in the fall if 2018 and they will remain single sex and have the option of recruiting girls.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/20...elcomes-girls/
    Troops will start accepting girls in the fall of 2019.
    From Bryan in Scouting:

“How this will affect your pack. When girls join Cub Scouting in fall 2018, beginning at age 5, packs across the country may welcome them right away.

An existing pack may choose to recruit girls or remain an all-boy pack. When creating a new pack, a chartered organization may form an all-boy pack, an all-girl pack or a pack of girls and boys.

Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls. Cub Scout packs, meanwhile, can include any combination of all-boy or all-girl dens. The choice is left to individual pack leaders in consultation with their chartered organization.

This hybrid model builds on the benefit of a single-gender program while also providing character and leadership opportunities for both boys and girls.”
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-15-17 at 19:47.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That sounds reasonable. Doesn't necessarily forebode the end of the world.

Feedback Score
    yeah sure they can decide the moment one decides not to ! I am sure they will just say OK

Feedback Score
    I was a Boy Scout. Did Order of the Arrow and earned my Eagle Scout. Spent a lot of time at Camp Frank Rand near Santa Fe and Philmont over by Cimarron. When I was around 13 or 14 years old, I would have been a big proponent of allowing Female "Boy Scouts" on those overnight campouts.....
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    America is falling the **** apart. We are witnessing the death of this Republic.
    From within by insiders. We are the only country in the world capable of bringing together all good people to fight evil, hence, evil wants to destroy us.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Scouting is coed in most countries. It will work out fine. There are tons of women involved in Scouting. They’re a positive influence and great role models for the Scouts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123