Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mindset; less guns, less fat, more time in the gym.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah but us 5'6", 150lb guys are further handicapped because our small feet and hands mean we must impart much higher psi through our feet and much higher grip strength on the bar for heavy deadlifts compared to the 6' 150lb guys with big feet and hands.

Kidding. I get what you're saying but I've just never heard that argument before.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Yeah but us 5'6", 150lb guys are further handicapped because our small feet and hands mean we must impart much higher psi through our feet and much higher grip strength on the bar for heavy deadlifts compared to the 6' 150lb guys with big feet and hands.

Kidding. I get what you're saying but I've just never heard that argument before.
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/overcoming-lousy-leverages-1
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/overcoming-lousy-leverages-2
    Last edited by WS6; 01-13-18 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    Seriously dudes, train for the physical fight as much or more than the gun fight. I'm 27 and need a full shoulder reconstruction and surgery on my lumbar spine because I got my ass handed to me at work by somebody in better shape. If I come out of these surgeries able to lift again I will never take another off day.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

Stefanie Cohen is like 120 and pulls 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post

I'm just curious who here truly meets the "minimum" for a strict ohp of their body weight. My guess is not most.
    That's why the standards are not ideal for everyone. Even at my fittest point when I was younger, I was only at the Intermediate level on that OHP chart. But I could run sub-7min mile, do 15 pull-ups, 50 pushups, and play basketball for 2hrs straight.

Sure it may be a good baseline, but its not all about the weight, rep count, time etc.

Fitness is a holistic subject. Each person should train for what they intend to do, not just blindly follow some standards.

A basketball player is not gonna train or have the same type of fitness as a marathon runner or body builder. Everyone is different.

Overall fitness is important, not meeting some standards. Unless you are going for a specific goal such as Military, Olympics, etc.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 02-26-18 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Stefanie Cohen is like 120 and pulls 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, different kind of training. While pulling 500 is great, its not everyone's goal nor should it be. Its a very specific goal for her, and should not be compared to everyone else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    double tap
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 02-26-18 at 16:15. Reason: double tap

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTANASSHOLE View Post
    Seriously dudes, train for the physical fight as much or more than the gun fight. I'm 27 and need a full shoulder reconstruction and surgery on my lumbar spine because I got my ass handed to me at work by somebody in better shape. If I come out of these surgeries able to lift again I will never take another off day.
    look into stem cell injections
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011