Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which light for rifle (100yds+)?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys - it's amazing how far this technology has come in a few short years!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another option is the Malkoff Hound Dog 18650. It's made in the U.S.A. by some really nice people (Gene and Kathy Malkoff), already fully potted and is essentially bomb-proof. Along with a lifetime warranty, the quality of product and CS provided by the Malkoffs is beyond reproach. As stated on the Malkoff website "This Flashlight was designed for rugged service from the ground up. It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil."

The Hound Dog 18650 output is approximately the same as the unmodified Eagletac listed above. If you are already set up with 18650 Li-ion batteries and a charger you can purchase the MD2 body and Hound Dog head separately. Then there's always the Hound Dog Super.

I find the HD 18650 works well on my carbine with a Vltor offset mount (which makes it quick & easy to mount and dismount for hand held use). With a tight hot spot (29,000 lux) and smooth, even spill the quality of the beam is superb for both WML and general hand held use. Unlike lights with over-driven emitters (which usually suffer from short run times and rapid over heating), the Hound Dog just barely gets warm to the touch during extended use and provides generous run time.

FWIW as a "flashlight guy" who has used (and broken) a variety of Chinese-made lights and have invested in my share of Surefire lights over the years, I'm now a devoted fan of Malkoff products due to the quality of construction and excellent overall performance (output, beam quality, thermal management and run time). I can recommend their products without reservation.

FlashlightGuide.com Hound Dog 18650 Review

Last edited by Canonshooter; 10-15-17 at 07:30.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    I have no problems reaching 100+ with my Streamlight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I have no problems reaching 100+ with my Streamlight.

If you want to more than double the amount of lux on that factory light. Vinh has done it.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54...-rifle-thrower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12