Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thug sucker punches old guy at Panthers game

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Thug sucker punches old guy at Panthers game

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/dis...ault/624205330

“Simple assault”? Seems kind of weak, but hopefully the ramifications of his hooliganism will be felt for decades thanks to social media.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having been to that stadium a number of times to root for an opposing team, I have always found their fans to be kind and even generous people. This asshat would be the exception to that rule. Hopefully hefty legal bills and a civil suit teach him a lesson.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I would be interested to hear why his attorney thinks the punches were justified. Seems like an overreaction regardless of whatever exchange of words they may have had previously. I think a nice hit to the pocketbook would do him some good.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Social media Justice? I think not.

The old guy is a racist and a homophobe and deserved it. Since we are just making sh$& up for the young guy might as well make it up for the old guy.

Sometimes people are just asshioles and need to be punched in the face no matter their age, sex, race, or whatever.

BTW: it is not a "sucker punch" if someone is yelling at you when you punch them.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

The old guy is a racist and a homophobe and deserved it. Since we are just making sh$& up for the young guy might as well make it up for the old guy.

Sometimes people are just asshioles and need to be punched in the face no matter their age, sex, race, or whatever.

BTW: it is not a "sucker punch" if someone is yelling at you when you punch them.
    Really?

transitive verb
    :to punch (a person) suddenly without warning and often without apparent provocation

I didn't see the 'unless the guy has asked you several times to sit down' caveat in any definition I found.

Channel 9 reporter Tina Terry spoke to the person who shot the video, who told her that Maraghy was standing during much of the game. People behind him became agitated and they started to argue.

Eventually, the video shows Maraghy turning around and punching the man sitting behind him in the face.

In the video, the man who was punched begins bleeding and remains seated while the suspect continues to punch him repeatedly.

In the video, several other fans try to break up the incident before the attacker and a woman quickly leave.

As the video spread across social media Friday morning, people were calling for the man to be caught and charges to be filed.

The victim was treated at the stadium and released.

I'd also add an element of the sucker punch is often hit and run and you'll notice this little punk exiting stage left.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-14-17 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    According to our statutes that is simple assault. It could be upgraded to aggravated assault if the victim ends up having major injuries (broken bones etc..) or permanent disfigurement.

Between court costs and the likely civil suit, this is going to cost this man a lot of money.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well if you can afford the consequences, go for it!

Nor if you repeatedly do it without the person punching back, then it is called a beating.
    Last edited by Renegade; 10-14-17 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t know what the hell has happened to this country when a man punches another man in the face during an argument and it becomes national news. Let it be a lesson to all tough guys running their mouths- you might actually get hit.

Edit: Anything after the second hit was superfluous. He was done after the first, but if it were me I’m sending you another one after the first no matter what to make sure you’re not thinking about sending anything back. He was clearly drunk or unstable.
    Last edited by CPM; 10-14-17 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

There needs to be a thumbs up option on here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not completely convinced yet of which of these two is the asshole.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast