Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&K USP Recommendations

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Match trigger kit will fix the crappy trigger, but I've noticed every type of USP is a little different in that regard. I could never get my Tacticals to feel as good as my Experts even though they had all the same parts ok the inside. Actually still trying to find a buyer for my .45 Expert since I don't really shoot .45 anymore.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    USP isnt bad. Just a smidge dated.

I'd take one over a P30 honestly. It wouldnt be a main gun anyways.

Biggest draw for me is no finger grooves. The P30s are slightly less offensive than glock in that regard, but not enough for me to want one.

Had a VP9. It was cool for a month. Gone and went back to Glock.

But my USP I still break out once and again. I think last time for me was when I went hunting a while back.

Look into some Heinies for sights if you getvthe Tactical (and you should). It is a neat little pistol it is. And a bit more accurate than most would think.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Match trigger kit will fix the crappy trigger, but I've noticed every type of USP is a little different in that regard. I could never get my Tacticals to feel as good as my Experts even though they had all the same parts ok the inside. Actually still trying to find a buyer for my .45 Expert since I don't really shoot .45 anymore.
    I have played with 3 or 4 connectors in Glocks and found one that just felt better.

That said, and maybe you already know this, but did you swap ALL the springs in the tacticals?

I ask because reading at HKPro, the Tacticals at some point in the past switched to some non-match trigger springs. Can't remember which ones, but when I did the mod I changed every single spring, using the LEM kit and some match springs from HK.

I think the only different thing I did was the TRS. Folks said it made for better reset to not use the match TRS.

Found it:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...ch-better.html
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 10-15-17 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Thanks for the replies everybody, I went with the .45 USP. It's nice having at least one .45 pistol around in case I somehow don't have any 9mm JHP on hand, .45 ball beats 9mm ball. I placed an order for three more 12 round mags and an HK45c mag release. I may end up replacing the sights one day but for now I'm just going to shoot the hell out of it. Hopefully the trigger will smooth out a bit with time because as is the DA pull is stagey and heavy. The majority of my DA/SA experience is with the M9 and it's trigger is definitely smoother than the USP.
    The USP45 is pure beast mode. Have fun with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I has a USP.
    Get a tactical and in 9mm. mags are "cheaper", just know you will need an adapter for lights. Otherwise you have a suppressor ready gun with the threaded barrel and trigger stop ready to go.

I like my .45 but would have gotten the HK 45C had they been invented back then when I got it and still cared about .45 like I did.
    Cheaper mags how my brother? I have an Expert in .40 and I can actually get jet funnel mags, depending on where I grab them for less than the 9mm mags for the same gun. Like a $15 or more difference, some are like half the price depending. Standard mags are about the same.

Now, that said, I've also seen blow out sales for USPC9 mags for like $15. So could depend on where one hits the sales.

All that said, I have the .40 because, well the USP was designed for ,40. Which is neat. If I grab another it will be in 9mm, mag prices be damned, however, if I went with .40 I'd have probably 4 or 5 .40 USPs and USPCs since they pop up for cheap used on regular around here. The ,45ACP does attract me too though. They are pretty rugged pistols, and I do like mine, I don't think you can go wrong in the scheme of things with them.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the 9 and 45 FS and compact. Mags are around $37

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Cheaper mags how my brother? I have an Expert in .40 and I can actually get jet funnel mags, depending on where I grab them for less than the 9mm mags for the same gun. Like a $15 or more difference, some are like half the price depending. Standard mags are about the same.

Now, that said, I've also seen blow out sales for USPC9 mags for like $15. So could depend on where one hits the sales.

All that said, I have the .40 because, well the USP was designed for ,40. Which is neat. If I grab another it will be in 9mm, mag prices be damned, however, if I went with .40 I'd have probably 4 or 5 .40 USPs and USPCs since they pop up for cheap used on regular around here. The ,45ACP does attract me too though. They are pretty rugged pistols, and I do like mine, I don't think you can go wrong in the scheme of things with them.
    If you go Jet Funnel then there are no cheap mags. 60-80 bucks a pop depending on availability. I have an Expert in .40 and a Tactical in .45

I am NOT a .40 guy but the USP Expert makes it mpre pleasant for me to shoot.

.45 mags are steel and are just going to be pricey.

Had I to do over both would be 9mms. Or at least the expert.

The HK normal mags are not cheap like glock mags but can be had for $40.
    .45 like $60

Also upon re-reading, if you knpw where there are cheap jet mags for a .40 Expert; hook a brother up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If you go Jet Funnel then there are no cheap mags. 60-80 bucks a pop depending on availability. I have an Expert in .40 and a Tactical in .45

I am NOT a .40 guy but the USP Expert makes it mpre pleasant for me to shoot.

.45 mags are steel and are just going to be pricey.

Had I to do over both would be 9mms. Or at least the expert.

The HK normal mags are not cheap like glock mags but can be had for $40.
    .45 like $60

Also upon re-reading, if you knpw where there are cheap jet mags for a .40 Expert; hook a brother up.
    Too early to type much. But, never say I don't take care of you.

http://www.jgsales.com/hk-usp40-40-s...e-p-60618.html
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or this . CDNN. USP45 12 round mags $36.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/usp45-12r...U#.WeSh6NApDqA

Aim Surplus

$35.78 USP45 12 round mags

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...L&groupid=3780

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-16-17 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a USP 9mm. It was used, a police trade in I believe, but it would stovepipe a bit so I ended up selling it back to the guy who sold it to me.
    It had a great trigger, and the recoil impulse was very nice. I probably should have fixed it and not sold it, I just didn't feel comfortable with it having malfunctions.
    They do have a pretty long length of pull? ( not sure if that is the correct term for a pistol ). I wouldn't mind having another one. The trigger was really nice.
    If you have small hands, it probably isn't the gun for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast