Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K USP Recommendations

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

H&K USP Recommendations

I've decided to finally pick up a USP and I'm having trouble choosing between a full size 9mm or full size .45. I'm already heavily invested in 9mm (manily Glocks) and don't currently own any .45 pistols, but this pistol will mainly be a range toy and collectors piece anyway. So my question is for all you H&K USP owners which of the two models do you prefer and why?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have both the 9 and the 45. They are both nice pistols. The 9 is large for a 9 and the 45 is a tad bigger. Either will serve you well, it really comes down to "which caliber do I want?".
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The nine would probably be the most bombproof 9 possible. A true tank. The .45 is also a beast but the grip is pretty stout. Can’t go wrong either way.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I has a USP.
    Get a tactical and in 9mm. mags are "cheaper", just know you will need an adapter for lights. Otherwise you have a suppressor ready gun with the threaded barrel and trigger stop ready to go.

I like my .45 but would have gotten the HK 45C had they been invented back then when I got it and still cared about .45 like I did.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    USP9T owner here. I converted the trigger into a Hybrid Match LEM and its really, really nice. I will say the adjustable Meprolights are terrible with the "LE" gun w/ 3 mags. They are not really black and they are setup for bullseye more than speed. Its my first adjustable rear and from the factory it was shooting very high so I am glad I could adjust to POA=POI. I painted the front orange and just live with them. Not a lot of options for sights anyways and they still don't really peak over my suppressor.

As a curve ball, why not consider the USP 40 Tactical? Places were blowing these out for $700 or so. And its crazy that 40 is the same price as 9 right now. I am half tempted to get a 40 just to have one.

That said, I think the right answer is the USP9T since you are invested in 9.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love my 9mm USP Expert. I think a new run of guns is coming in the country shortly as well. Possibly .45's as well.

Ive got the jet funnel on mine which is sweet except for the $80 mags.

So either an Expert or a Tactical get my vote.

Otherwise I would shy away from the USP line and do a P30 V1 LEM or an HK45 or HK45C. Beyond the couple special USP guns, I dont get excited about the USP line in general.
    Last edited by rjacobs; 10-14-17 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    I own several HKs, including the HK USP .45 ful size model. Personally, after having shot both extensively, I would get the .45. The 9mm model won't do anything your Glocks can't already do. The only reason I would say to go with the 9mm model is if you have small hands. If I was only going to own one .45 then it would ge the full size USP. That gun is one of the most durable .45s that you can buy. Plus, picking up one used at a discount is pretty easy, because a lot of folks don't realize how large the pistol/ grip is on the gun. The only down-side is the magazines are not cheap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own both. like both. Both are large! Pick whatever fancies you more

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies everybody, I went with the .45 USP. It's nice having at least one .45 pistol around in case I somehow don't have any 9mm JHP on hand, .45 ball beats 9mm ball. I placed an order for three more 12 round mags and an HK45c mag release. I may end up replacing the sights one day but for now I'm just going to shoot the hell out of it. Hopefully the trigger will smooth out a bit with time because as is the DA pull is stagey and heavy. The majority of my DA/SA experience is with the M9 and it's trigger is definitely smoother than the USP.

Feedback Score
    You might check out Crosscreek guns for HK Products. Mike is a great guy and easy to work with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast