Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&K USP Recommendations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a HK USP 40C and a USP 45C, both with the LEM trigger. Can't beat that 45. The Sig P229 40 may be a tad better than the HK counterpart in recoil management.

Feedback Score
    usp 45. probably the nicest shooting 45 i have shot, it was designed to be the softest shooting 45. the usp 9 is really nice too, but really doesnt feel so much better than glock or m&p. the usp 45 is just that 45 that everyone should have when you appreciate a solid 45. imo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    500 rounds in with the USP .45 and it is an accurate and fun shooter for sure! I made the mistake of shooting my friends P30L 9mm and now I feel the need to pick one up as well. These H&K hammer fired pistols are extremely well built pistols, I'm starting to understand why they have such a strong following.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    I have a HK USP 40C and a USP 45C, both with the LEM trigger. Can't beat that 45. The Sig P229 40 may be a tad better than the HK counterpart in recoil management.
    Interesting, I found just the opposite to be how I perceived them. I have had two P229 .40's, one a P229R DAK, and the other a P229 SA/DA, and still own a USPc .40, which is the smoothest shooting .40 that I have shot.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    500 rounds in with the USP .45 and it is an accurate and fun shooter for sure! I made the mistake of shooting my friends P30L 9mm and now I feel the need to pick one up as well. These H&K hammer fired pistols are extremely well built pistols, I'm starting to understand why they have such a strong following.
    Yep. My two favorite pistols of all time are the P30L V1 9mm and my USP45. Check out my replies in the "most reliable" handgun thread.

Also, MAC ran his little torture test on the USP45. Whether you take it seriously or not, still entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omukX5ScM0

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's definitely an impressive test, especially for a hammer fired pistol. I owned a VP9 for a while and it did not have the same quality feeling as H&K's hammer fired pistols. MAC also has tested the VP9 a couple times with poor results. If HK produced a striker fired pistol with the same build quality and reliability of their hammer fired pistols I would be all over it.

Feedback Score
    My cousin has a full size USP in 40SW and I swear, that is the sweetest shooting 40 ever. It feels about like a 9mm in the recoil area. If every 40 felt like the fullsize USP, I think the 40 would have been more popular.

I have always been tempted to pick up a USP40 full size. I have loads of 40SW ammo from my G22 days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The USP was built originally as a .40 caliber handgun; the 9mm version of the USP was the integrated into the .40's frame after all of the stringent requirements and testing were completed (contrary to most other handguns which throw a .40 caliber barrel and magazine into a handgun designed around a 9mm). This results in the 9mm USP being insanely overbuilt and robust, as it's literally built on a frame meant to handle 100,000+ rounds of .40S&W.

The USP .45 was not built on the same frame USP .40, but uses a new frame and components specifically for the .45. It's larger and did not go through the exact same tests or durability requirements that the 9mm/.40 models did. Don't misunderstand - it's a great handgun, it's just not in the same league as the 9mm/.40 versions. It's also larger than the 9mm/.40 models, and those models are already quite large.

Personally, I'd go for the 9mm.

My own experience: I originally bought a fullsize USP 9mm after doing a lot of research, gun shop visits, etc. However, after using the darn thing, I realized it's really a huge gun. I ended up going to the USP Compact in 9mm. It handles much better and actually feels like a full-size handgun (this helped me appreciate just how big the full-size USP really is). I now carry a USP Compact in 9mm.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 11-01-17 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I has a USP.
    Get a tactical and in 9mm. mags are "cheaper", just know you will need an adapter for lights. Otherwise you have a suppressor ready gun with the threaded barrel and trigger stop ready to go.

I like my .45 but would have gotten the HK 45C had they been invented back then when I got it and still cared about .45 like I did.
    I second this. I would get a jet funnel kit and go that route. Hk's webstore had or may still have the new steel jet funnel mags on sale at $69 each. While this is still expensive, they are bombproof.

If you do not want the tactical, I would get an expert. Both it and the tactical are easy to find right now, have match triggers, good sights, made in small batches so they hold their value and have the O ring barrel. Both are extremely accurate.

Word on hkpro is Nov will be Elite9 month as well.

But if I had to pick just one or two it would be the Expert or Tactical 9. I have actually grown to like the USP9 more than the P30 or VP9. I have taken to CC'in a P7M8 lately, but for duty use the USP is nice.

Now, if you really want to hate, I scored an early unfired Mk23 the other day for the same price USP9 Tacs are selling for,
    Last edited by Hootiewho; 11-02-17 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    https://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/s...//////////true

Correction $62.50

These are normally much more. The baseplates on these mags are bombproof.

Also if anyone is looking for a USP9 SS I know where one is at locally at a good price and the dealer will ship.
    Last edited by Hootiewho; 11-02-17 at 17:15.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast