Thread: MPX Pistol Zeroing Problem

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

MPX Pistol Zeroing Problem

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I ran out of elevation today trying to get my gun zeroed at 25 yards.

Here's my setup:

Gen2 MPX pistol
    Aimpoint T2
    KAC Mount (1 spacer spacer for absolute co-witness on an AR15 )

Ammo: 124gr RN Plated RN (approx 130 PF out of my USPSA production setup)

The Aimpoint was working fine on my fathers SR15. The Lower 1/3 height seems a little too tall on the MPX so I removed one spacer. The T1 was reassembled with loctite and torqued with Borka torque wrench.

This one has me scratching my head. I'm pretty good at mounting scopes and consider myself an above average rifle shooter.

My next steps are to re-test my iron sights and try with another sight and mount.

Any ideas? I'm not wild about the plastic spacers on the KAC mount. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't torque it as even as I thought and it's crushing the plastic and canting the sight.

Thanks,
    Scott

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How much are you off by?

Have you tried a different type of ammo? Might be some irregularity with that causing less than ideal performance resulting in weird POA/POI.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    How much are you off by?

Have you tried a different type of ammo? Might be some irregularity with that causing less than ideal performance resulting in weird POA/POI.
    I'm still a good 6-8" low at 25 yds with the T1 elevation maxed out.

I'll try some factory IMI 124gr NATO and some Federal 115 Gr next time I take it out. That one more variable I didn't consider.

My match ammo shoots well through all my handguns and chrono's consistently. I'll have to see that kind of velocity it's making with the MPX barrel.

I just reconfirmed my iron sight zero. The FSP looks like it's set pretty low. I was able to put a nice 5 round group in the upper "A" zone from sandbags at 25yds. Holding the tip of the FSP centerd in the headbox.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How about a pic of your setup and a quick measurement of your optic center height over bore?

Feedback Score
    You need to shim it to bring the optics into a better position.