Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion pistol vs carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CZ Scorpion pistol vs carbine

Im looking to buy a CZ Scorpion Evo in the very near future. Im wanting a fun gun that's cheap to shoot and isnt an AR. My brother in law has a SBR Scorpion and I love that gun.

My original plan is to buy the pistol and install a KAK tube and brace. Possibly SBR the thing down the road. But now that the carbine is out it gives me another option.

I understand the carbine will be longer but are there any pros to the carbine over a smaller pistol with a brace that would make you buy the carbine instead?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nope!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CZ Scorpion pistol vs carbine

You want to SBR it in the end, right?

The only benefit of the longer barrel is higher velocity. Everything else is a negative; length, balance, etc.

Starting with a pistol is easier to SBR, as you don’t have a barrel to cut down. The carbine gives you the part of the SBR that is easiest to swap in a Scorpion pistol.

When I leave NJ, I’m buying a Scorpion pistol... and going to do the paperwork for SBR and a suppressor.

I view the Scorpion in the same light as an Uzi or MP5... neither were designed for a 16” barrel. They were designed for a short barrel... 5” to 10”. That’s where they shine.
    Last edited by Screwball; 10-14-17 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    I'd suggest the pistol and this brace. It folds and it looks like a B&T stock. I have one for my MKE MP5 clone and like it.

Feedback Score
    I'd definitely go the pistol + brace route.

You could always SBR it later, leave it, or make it a "K" version. (A little shorter)

Feedback Score
    Once you SBR it, do you plan on running the CZ carbine, pistol or aftermarket handguard? How long of a barrel do you want, 7.72" or custom length? How much do you want to spend?

Because I planned on running the carbine handguard from the beginning and the cost of the rifle was $50.00 more than the pistol, I bought the rifle, that way all I had to do was spend $150.00 for the pistol barrel and figure out a barrel nut solution. If I would have went with the pistol from the start I would have had to spend $120.00 for the KAK brace (which I could have resold or repurposed), $160.00 for the stock and then another $100.00 for the handguard (there was no flash can option). I was able to sell my fake suppressor barrel for $100.00 unfired which more covered the cost of the barrel nut wrench I built from a socket and section of SS tubing. You can now purchase the socket from HB Industries for $35.00.

There is no significant difference between the carbine and the pistols. Plan your build around your budget and look at the different options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the discussion guys. Im going to stick with the pistol and KAK route. Should be ordering the pistol tonight or tomorrow from CZ. If I end up SBRing the pistol I going to keep the barrel and forend the way they are as a pistol.

HB Industries is local so that makes any future plans pretty easy.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The only benefit of the longer barrel is higher velocity. Everything else is a negative; length, balance, etc.
    You forgot about the iron sight radius.

An SBR is still better though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You forgot about the iron sight radius.

An SBR is still better though.
    The front sight on the carbine is on the end of the barrel? Not too familiar with them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The front sight on the carbine is on the end of the barrel? Not too familiar with them.
    The carbines come with a longer hand guard too.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast