Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some jacket advice please.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Need some jacket advice please.

I’m looking for a new jacket.
    I stay pretty warm so I’m not need anything arctic rated.
    I really like the look, pockets, and features of ArcTyrex stuff but I’m not wanting to drop $500+ on it.

Budget: under $200. Something nearer to $100 would be great, but I am ok with hitting the upper end of my budget if the value is there.

Use: while I would like some good durability, it will mostly be worn walking the dog at night in CO, around town, and the occasional short fall/spring hikes.

Wants: I like a lot of pockets/options. I’d like to also have hand pockets in the lower front of the jacket. A removable hood would be nice but not a deal breaker. I do carry concealed, so a jacket that accommodates that would be nice.

Sizing: I’m 6’5” and 230 lbs. A little longer length would benefit me, but not want a baggy loose jacket.

I’ve looked at the Condor and Rothco stuff. Which are a slight bit more tactical than I’d like,but also not a deal breaker if that’s the trade off for having a lot of pocket options.

Color: Black, slate, or possibly tan.

Any advice or recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    I have an Alpha Industries M65 w/liner. http://www.alphaindustries.com/mens-...field-coat.htm
    Last edited by JaegerOne; 10-15-17 at 01:21.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Triple Aught Design Ranger Hoodie LT ( or Ranger Jacket) in Desolation (grey), or black. Its a full zip 3 season fleece. Very nicely made. Runs around 200 bones, sl. Less for LE/MIL, FIRE/EMS responders.

Last edited by Joelski; 10-15-17 at 01:30.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Arc'teryx Atom LT hoody might come close to what you want. You can find them around $150. Hooded but not removable. Pockets. Lightweight but warm for evenings and spring/fall. I love mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Columbia, available in tall sizes. Good option at your price point.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thank you for the recommendations!! You’ve given me some new avenues to look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I happen to get lucky a few years ago and found a discontinued Massif soft shell jacket on close out. Paired up with a nice Polar weight base layer and it gets me through 10 hour range days in the winters. It also has very good moisture (rain, snow) protection. I would suggest checking out their offerings.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Columbia makes GREAT quality stuff, the pricing is reasonable when on sale. Widespread enough that you can find them on sale without the "tactical tax"

Feedback Score
    I’ll second the Atom LT. I have the non hoodie. Keeps me warm in 50s temps wearing only T-shirt. I bought mine on sale at REI

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang31 View Post
    I happen to get lucky a few years ago and found a discontinued Massif soft shell jacket on close out. Paired up with a nice Polar weight base layer and it gets me through 10 hour range days in the winters. It also has very good moisture (rain, snow) protection. I would suggest checking out their offerings.
    Black hooded jacket with red Massif logo on left arm? I got mine for $70 a few years ago as well, still one of my favorite jackets. Definitely not rainproof though, Ive been soaked through in under 5 minutes in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast