Thread: what to do - Seekins Precision

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

what to do - Seekins Precision

Mods: maybe wrong section?

I have a coupon code from Seekins for 30% off orders, valid until 2018. I'd like some suggestions on how to spend it.

For starters, I have several AR's: Colt, KAC, LWRC and BCM. All 5.56, and one 6.8. A couple mil-surp WW2 era guns as well.

I've toyed with the idea of getting into the .308 game, but not really looking forward to dropping money on a second caliber and magazines. Still, their SP10 looks nice.

I've thought of picking up one of their uppers, as I have a KAC lower just sitting in the safe. But, I have several 16" rifles, and a DD Mk18 clone upper ... so I'm thinking there's really nothing gained by getting an upper.

I don't feel like changing out the upper buttons and levers to 'color match' a rifle.

Their Havak rifle in 6.5 Creedmor? I don't have one, would have to worry about mags/ammo again, but probably less than .308 (since I doubt I'll be dropping 200 rounds in a range session with a bolt action). Currently I don't hunt, and only have access to a 200m range.

This isn't a "rush" decision, as I have about 9 months before my coupon expires. So ... assuming budget is a minor concern, but with time to save, what would be your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Mods: maybe wrong section?

I have a coupon code from Seekins for 30% off orders, valid until 2018. I'd like some suggestions on how to spend it.

For starters, I have several AR's: Colt, KAC, LWRC and BCM. All 5.56, and one 6.8. A couple mil-surp WW2 era guns as well.

I've toyed with the idea of getting into the .308 game, but not really looking forward to dropping money on a second caliber and magazines. Still, their SP10 looks nice.

I've thought of picking up one of their uppers, as I have a KAC lower just sitting in the safe. But, I have several 16" rifles, and a DD Mk18 clone upper ... so I'm thinking there's really nothing gained by getting an upper.

I don't feel like changing out the upper buttons and levers to 'color match' a rifle.

Their Havak rifle in 6.5 Creedmor? I don't have one, would have to worry about mags/ammo again, but probably less than .308 (since I doubt I'll be dropping 200 rounds in a range session with a bolt action). Currently I don't hunt, and only have access to a 200m range.

This isn't a "rush" decision, as I have about 9 months before my coupon expires. So ... assuming budget is a minor concern, but with time to save, what would be your thoughts?

If the mods are nice they will just move this to the general section instead of locking it.

Overall, just go get what you want. 30% off wouldn't entice me to buy anything unless I really wanted it with a passion.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB